1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search engines

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

A couple of quick questions....

If you were trying to find a site like this, or looking for the sort of support etc it offers generally, what would you try searching for in Google?

We're looking into using the Google Sponsored Links (that's the ones on the right hand side of your search results) to promote this a bit. What sort of text in an advert there would make you think it was worth clicking?

Thanks!

2. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Welpers, I think you want Google's webmaster tools.. It'll tell you what the most popular terms are that your site has. It's all sorts of nifty.

https://www.google.com/webmasters

You can also grep through the server's logs and find the information too.. But, that's just no fun.

3. tired_of_lying411

I really never look at the right hand side results. They're often no good, I find, so I ignore them.

But as far as searching goes, I remember having to do a lot of it before I found this place... And I think I may have ultimately found it through ###... back when it had a yellow theme???

If I was going to search for it now, I guess I would be typing in things like:
    gay teen support/chat
    gay resources
    coming out guide/ help/ support
    mainly a lot of gay, teen, and help/support terms, I guess...

hope this helps.. And, as bad as it sounds, links and advertisements on 18+ sites shouldn't be out of the question... Just try and get the message out that THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN GAY HELP FOR KIDS/TEENS/EVERYONE. It saved me from immense depression, and personally, If I had millions, I would have ads for this place plastered all over cereal boxes, and television.

Just keep in mind that the people who want to find this place most won't necessarily be in gay zones. After all, most in the closet teens are hiding.

4. step49x

Personally, I never even look at Google ads.

I found this place through a link on ###. I think it would be great if you could get other sites to send their under-18 people here, as well. I think links on 18+ sites would be a good idea.