1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Science proves that homophobia means you're (prop) gay?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DarkWhite, Oct 6, 2017.

1. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is something we suspected for some time. Or to quote Shakespeare: “the lady doth protest too much”.

3. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Possibly in some cases, but then there's the argument of I hate neonazis, it doesn't mean I secretly want to be one. Or in the 1600s witch hunts, they were scared of and obliterated everything they didn't understand (major ignorance) instead of taking two seconds to learn that there was no threat. Harsh upbringing with parents drilling certain ideas into the kids' heads. Some grow up and learn from outside sources the misinformation, but some stick to it. And homophobic people tend to be in areas where knowledge is stubbornly limited (meaning they have the resources to learn new things, they just choose not to) and use their fists(and guns)more than their brains. And of course, I'm sure there are homophobes who just are consumed by internalized homophobia, or are too scared to come out and put up as harsh of a front as they can to prevent suspicion.

#3 DirectionNorth, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m ashamed to say This was me when I was in high school.
    So I can definitely see that this could be true.

5. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's understandable though, I don't blame gays who have internalized homophobia. That's on society and upbringing, and it must be hard having that internalized struggle when certain people in power positions can be terrible if a kid comes out (doctors, police, his/her parents, other parents.)

My point was I don't think that is always the case with people who are homophobes, there are and have been people who hate and kill certain other people out of simply hatred. Usually religious or assumed status/inferiority.

6. JustLisa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is very true for some people. I myself struggled to accept myself in my early teens bc of homophobic family, heteronormativity and to a certain extend internalised homophobia but I have never hated other people that were gay for them being gay tho.