1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So my daughter said people at school know. She hasn't came out to anyone other than her friends but her and her girlfriend hold hands and she said it's obvious to everyone. I don't know if it really is obvious to everyone or not and I don't know how many people actually know. She said only one person has made a smart comment to her but something tells me more than that one person is saying stuff to her.
    I'm now worried about how she's going to be treated by everyone. Including teachers and the other students. I'm freaking out about it. I also told she she needs to stop holding hands with this girl at school because they have a pda rule and not everyone is going to accept her relationship. And they may go out of their way to get her in trouble for it.

On a side note. She is still acting so different all of a sudden. She cries a lot. She want like that 4 to 6 weeks ago. I'm so worried about her but she won't talk. I told her she can go to a doctor and she said she won't talk to them either. I don't know what to do. She refuses to talk to anyone. I even asked if she wanted to talk to a friends mom or anyone and she said no. I begged her to tell me what's wrong and she flat out refuses to talk. But she cries and complains all the time. I'm so scared and worried for her.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2017 at 01:19 AM ----------

I'm worried she might end up hurting herself. But I don't know because I can't get anything out of her.

2. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a difficult situation. But, it seems like you are genuinely there for your daughter. The only thing really is to show your support as she explores her sexual orientation.

Also, your daughter is young (12, if I remember correctly), so puberty could also be a factor in her mood changes. When my sister and I were 12 we certainly tested our limits.

she is going through a lot. I would just reassure her that you are there for her. Even if she doesn't want it now, knowing that she can come to you when she is ready will be good.

3. Really

Hey dentalfloss,

I just read about this Crisis Text Line for kids and young adults and wonder if your daughter might use it. Take a look here and see what you think.

FAQ | Crisis Text Line

4. Minny

Hi Dentalfloss,

I would go and see the head of your school and explain the situation. Hopefully they will have an anti-bullying policy. Ask your daughter if she is happy to come out to her teacher/head of the school, as if she is, it will be easier to get support for your daughter. If she is not happy for teachers etc to know, then I would still go to the head and say you are worried that your daughter is being bullied.

I don't think you should tell your daughter not to hold hands with her girlfriend as this might make her feel ashamed. Perhaps she wants everyone to know and that is why she has held this girl's hand? Having said that, she is going to have to be quite strong if she is out at school. Thus it is important to get the support of the school for any negative behaviour from other pupils.

It is worrying if your daughter is crying all the time. She's not quite a teen - but it depends on how she is maturing. Many preens and teens are very emotionally labile - their mood swings are intense. I would be very upfront with her and say that you are worried for her and that she doesn't need to talk to you, but that it is very important to know that these moods will pass and that if she thinks she might harm or hurt herself that she must come to you or to a teacher. Give her the crisis text line no. also.

Best of luck to you.

5. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There is a pda rule at her school and I think touching of any kind, whether it's with a boy or girl is inappropriate in school. The rule clearly states no pda is acceptable and she need to follow the rules. Plus I know people don't like her and If they are against gay relationships then they will use any ammo they can find to cause problems for her.

I'm in Contact with the school. I'm talking with teachers and seeing if I should meet with the school counselor. The head of the school is a royal " my crap don't stink" witch so I think I'll skip her. I could see her making it worse on my child.

My child is clamming up so bad. She won't talk to anyone. I'm working on her tho. Her crying is way beyond normal teen crying.

My child doesn't think things thru when she acts at all So no one knows why she does half of the things she does. She's a mister to say the least.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2017 at 07:02 PM ----------

There is a pda rule at her school and I think touching of any kind, whether it's with a boy or girl is inappropriate in school. The rule clearly states no pda is acceptable and she need to follow the rules. Plus I know people don't like her and If they are against gay relationships then they will use any ammo they can find to cause problems for her.

I'm in Contact with the school. I'm talking with teachers and seeing if I should meet with the school counselor. The head of the school is a royal " my crap don't stink" witch so I think I'll skip her. I could see her making it worse on my child.

My child is clamming up so bad. She won't talk to anyone. I'm working on her tho. Her crying is way beyond normal teen crying.

My child doesn't think things thru when she acts at all So no one knows why she does half of the things she does. She's a mistery to say the least.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2017 at 07:03 PM ----------

My child doesn't think things thru when she acts at all So no one knows why she does half of the things she does. She's a mistery to say the least.

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell her that she's enough (*hug*)