1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared.com

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hexamum, Sep 29, 2016.

1. hexamum

The letter for my Mum to read is printed up.
    I'm scared. :/
    I've checked it'll just be me and her there....and it will be.
    We've other issues to chat about as well, also quite emotional ones, so I fear it'll be a strange morning.
    I am not hugely bothered if she accepts this well or not, really. I just need her to understand the inside of my head for a while: And also understand why there will be a household break up (mine) in the near future.

As a side note/update.
    Things are most strange in my relationship at the moment.
    Husband still hasn't had any physical contact at all. He even moves out of the way in the hallway to save us bumping into one another.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    At the end of the day, I *do* care about this person. I may not fancy him, but I still care. And it's becoming more and more blatant every day that it's happening.
    Although he hasn't *said* anything to me out of the ordinary and he's still chatting random crap about daily stuff. He's still having conversations about possible future holiday ventures. It's completely mixed.
    I'm not saying I have been wonderfully forthcoming about my thoughts.....but I am far from voicing my plans for the future right now.

Sorry for waffling. Just getting some thoughts down.

Oh, and on a humorous note....
    I hope to goodness I didn't talk in my sleep last night....because my dreams were extremely X-rated!! LMAO!!

2. YeahpIdk

First, jealous about your xrated dreams.

Second, many will chime in, but over the long, long time I've spent on here, it seems that everyone's SO goes through this. It's like a grief stage: denial, anger, more denial, more anger...hopefully someday acceptance. I'd just stay patient and mindful that it's not you as a person he's angry at, it's the fact that you're no longer wanting to be with him. I'm sure his world is falling apart in someways, but it's still not your fault because you can't be someone else for him. That would be worse than leaving, in my opinion, and I'm sure his if he really thought about it when the smog cleared.

If he's a good person with an even temper, I'd just stay communicative with him.

As for your mom, that does sound like it'll be a really draining day. Make sure to take extra good care of yourself following it. :slight_smile: Good luck.

3. hexamum

Husband doesn't really *know* much tbh. Our conversation was a one liner, then it was over due to a child distraction.
    My only line, during a bit of a crying, pissed off, stressed, breakdown moment was "I don't think I am straight" That was it. Nothing else has been said nor hinted at. He doesn't know if I am going to say I am Bi, or gay, or anything!!
    It's all unknown.

As for Mum, we've been growing more distant over the past couple of years. And I have seen (read) her speak badly of me to another family member via text.....so it may be a little heated. :frowning2:

Whatever doesn't kill us.....and all that jazz :wink:

4. ssxElise

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just wanted to say good luck and hope all the best.

You have obviously set your mind to do this and I´m almost certain you´ll feel better afterwards.
    I´ve recently been where you are and it´s so hard.

I had read that when coming out, you should try to say it without doubt so that the other person doesn´t get the feeling that you might not be bi or gay after all. I kept that in mind and my words to my husband were: " I like women, not men".
    You should try to bring the subject up again with your husband, when you feel like you can. I do know how hard it is, I really do.

I came out to my parents shortly after I came out to my husband. I knew my parents would be fine. But they were of course worried about my kids and about the future. My mom didn´t say much, she was shocked, surprised and all that. The conversation wasn´t long but after 3 days she came to me and we talked more (after the shock was gone).

Anyway, hope all the best for you.
    (*hug*)

5. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck hexamum, hope it all goes well for you.

I'm Bi and married with a kid, my husband has always known and is very supportive. Its not always easy though.

Do you think you could try talking to your husband again? Maybe he will just need some time to accept the idea that you aren't straight.