1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saddened

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lucy Marie, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi folks. Let me say I am so impressed with the support found here. Keep it up, or this Mom will ground you.
    I want to share experience with y’all.
    Going way....back.
    When my son was 18-24 months he was weird. My Grandmother, someone who had been the most accepting person ever made a comment. For reference she was born in 1929 and this was twenty years or so ago. She told me if son was gay we would always love him (good start), but keep him in the closet. I found it to be cute. She accepted him, loved him....but hide him away. We found out son is on autism, not gay, so became non issue. For a small town mid America Grandma she did her best.
    Fast forward to today....I met with my mother. We were walking dogs in the park. I mentioned this website to her. She was astounded. She assumed I was coming out to her and astonishment gave way to dismay. I had to reassure her I like boys and finally she calmed. Church going woman who volunteer for VA and pet shelter. I was *certain* she would want to lift me up.
    It made think of y’all and your stories. I am amazed at the strength it must take to tell your family you are gay when you anticipate a reaction like my mother (heck, her Mom had better reaction). My hope is for a world where the whole stupid sexuality announcement (why do only gays come out? why not everyone? another issue for another day). My wish for all of you is a life where you free to be you.
    By no means am I equating my experience with any of yours. It just made me sad for those who have much more intense reactions.
    I am here to do my best to be supportive. If you need a Mom for whatever—let me know and I am there.
    You have my support and ((momhugs)).

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was so kind and lovely! Thank you very much for your support. :slight_smile:

Lucy Marie likes this.
  3. musicals

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :arrow_up: Seconding the above comment, it's a very wholesome story, thanks for sharing it:relaxed:

This 'hits home' somewhat because my family never accepted me being gay so im kinda jelous of the people whose family did accept them. Also i am autism too (mild aspergers) so it was somewhat of a 'double-whammy' for my family. They treated both as if it is the end of the world, even though having aspergers hardly affects me (i managed to learn sosial skills, so that's a non-issue now) and me being gay literally shouldnt bother them at all, they dont have to pay attention if they dont want, but they treat it as if its the biggest scandal in the world and i am the 'family shame' to them. I wish my grandmother was as accepting as yours , and i wish my mother was as accepting as you are :-/

Sorry for derailing with my personal shit but this post has given me the feels

Lucy Marie likes this.
  4. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Musicals—you are free to use me when you need Mom support. I am determined that those here who need a Mom can turn to me. I am going to open arms wide to give you best Mom hug. We all need that unconditional love it can be so freeing. Please if you need some help, let me know. You are 100% unique and amazing. You are not defined by being on spectrum or being gay. Break out of that for you! It is too easy to fall into trap of being discouraged and giving up. If/when let me know and we will fix it, okay? I am here to be sounding board—use that. You are in right place to leave the bad behind and embrace the good.
    ((momhugs)).

musicals likes this.
  5. musicals

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how to break out of it though. My self esteem is so low that it may as well be nonexistant. I already gave up a long time ago, to be honest. Not to be overdramatist, but i really am worthless and broken, theres no hope for me :-/

Nothing good about my life, it only goes further downhill with every passing day and i'm already 'too far off the deep end' to ever reach the happy side again:disappointed:

Thank you though *hugs*

#5 musicals, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  6. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am not good with new technology (this site is same style different subject matter as a previous one I used) but it might take me a minute or both of us being on this site longer—to figure out private messages.We can chat privately if you like. If you prefer not just send nothing or if I get it first ignore it but I would really like to hear all about it. You are in control.
    Whenever (if) we do meet up in private messages I would love to hear a happy memory of yours.
    ((momhugs)) and one for good luck ((momhugs))