1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Report: 2 dead, 40 detained in Chechnya

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jinkies, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian republic of Chechnya has launched a new crackdown on gays in which at least two people have died and about 40 people have been detained, LGBT activists in Russia charged Monday.

The new allegations come after reports in 2017 of more than 100 gay men arrested and subjected to torture, and some of them killed, in the predominantly Muslim region in southern Russia."

https://www.apnews.com/63a15d4aa08247c5b9115f7b5db91eb2

This makes me so mad. We were told never to worry, despite the oncoming train that was this situation. I'm not going to lie and say I listened to any of that, but I know I can't ignore it any more than I have.

#1 Jinkies, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is truly disgusting and I was just about to post this but saw yours. I just can't imagine how some people believe that being gay is so horrible that we deserve to be punished and killed just for that. If we're allowed to live openly we can contribute to society as much as anyone. We aren't hurting anyone like real criminals do (assault, murder, rape, theft, etc). I know there's a religious component, but not every religious person condones this treatment, I hope most don't, so there's something deeper about these people that drives their cruelty. It's so tragic and I feel bad for the people who have to live there.