1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious Town/School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jasminehop, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Jasminehop

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not very good at this, but I Have come to find out, I know I was young at the time, at about 10 or 11ish I knew I wasn't straight. I did "soul searching" for about 2 years, 13 almost 14, to draw the conclusion that I was either bi or pan. My family is filled with people in the community but they feel different when talking about genders/ sexualities other than male/female and homosexual.

I have told two of some of my closest friends only that I am pan, as I've come to this conclusion after experimenting, they both told me that they felt honored that I could turn to them. And I told them both I would come out gradually to my family.

I am planning to tell my grandfather, for he is gay and his husband and him have had superstitions since I was about 2-3 grade, at the movie theater when watching Love Simon the big thing is will he tell my mom? I'm not ready for her to know. Should I go through with it and risk my mom knowing? Thank you for any advice in advance.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your grandfather is gay there is almost no way he would tell your mom without your permission. He knows exactly what you're going through since he must have gone through it himself before coming out, I really don't think he would betray you like that. I think it's safe t tell him.

Jasminehop likes this.
  3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I disagree slightly with @Destin. While I agree that it is probably safe to Come Out to your grandfather, LGBTQ
    people are still just regular people and, while most understand the unwritten rule that you don't involuntarily Out someone, not everyone is so circumspect. I would simply recommend that before you tell him, you get him to promise not to tell your secret to your Mom (or anyone else) without your specific permission.

Just a thought....

I'm gay and Destin like this.