1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by quebec, Mar 7, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I wouldn't sorry and have a nice saturday than!

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

So then your objection actually has nothing to do with David. I would appreciate it if you did not confuse me like that.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it does it has to do with the OP. We all said sorry and ended the discussion respectfully at a good note. I don't feel like debating or arguing my points anymore on this It's done.

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You saying sorry has to do with David's OP.
    I'm suggesting continuing this discussion in a new thread, thereby removing that factor.
    If you still do not wish to continue the discussion, it has to do with something else than this thread and David's OP.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have nothing left to discuss anyway I stand by everything I said.

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good thread and interesting comments. I solved the problem of being raised a Christian. I changed religions. I call it getting back to roots - acceptance and love.

7. MisterTinkles

Well, I have to say that my granny was religious. She wasn't a fanatic or anything, but she was religious. She went to her little church, gave her little offerings (money).....and all for what? So she could live alone, without help, without any one of them giving a freekin rats ass about her?

My granny lived in a small town, the church she went to was on the next block over. I found out one time her back went out when she sat down in the living room, and was there for THREE DAYS! THREE FREEKIN DAYS!!!!! She couldn't even reach for the phone she said, because her back was just out. She had to use the bathroom in that chair, and sit in it for TWO DAYS!!! Not ONE of the two-faced pieces of human garbage that call themselves "christian" bothered to check on her, wondering why she didn't make it to church, or whether she was alright or not....or had even dropped dead!!!! NONE of those worthless turds that ran that "church" could be bothered to walk down the damned block (which was only about 7 houses long or less) and knock on her damned door!!!

I was beyond psychotically livid when my granny told me this when I went down for my monthly visit!!! I couldn't even stay the night like I usually did, because I wanted to burn that fucking church down, with all those damned two-faced hypocrites in it!!!

The "preacher" who ran that church lived across the street from from this church. HE and his WIFE had ALL the LUXURIES.....they refaced their house every two years, SHE bought a BRAND NEW Lincoln every time the new reshaped models came out. SHE wore furs and pearls, HE wore fine suits and drove a NEW truck all the time!! All the while his "flock" of mostly starving little old ladies, living alone in their houses, could NOT afford their utilities most of the time, some of them went without food, because they just couldn't even hold a can opener to open a can of soup anymore....and even others had houses that were dilapidated and falling apart because they couldn't afford to pay anyone to fix the problems with their houses!

My mother, as I had stated in another post, was a religious nut job. She made sure she was a popular "flock member" too! She dressed in nice clothes, she helped out at functions, and she went to her little church meetings all the time.

I had to deal with my mothers death, because nobody else in the family would. I had to rent a vehicle that I couldn't afford, to drive 800 miles away, take time off from work I could not afford, to deal with her death and her belongings!

She also, lived one block from the church she went too, as my granny did (not in the same town though).

I was told by the apartment manager that my mother had been laying dead in her apartment, BY THE FRONT DOOR for over 7 days!!!! SEVEN DAYS SHE LAID DEAD THERE IN HER LIVING ROOM!!!!! Not ONE of those self-righteous pieces of human garbage even bothered to go check on her to see WHY she never showed up at ANY of the meetings or sermons!!! NOT ONE!!!!

I had to stay in her apartment for three days, because I couldn't afford a motel room. I was there for THREE DAYS.....and not ONE of those self-righteous, two faced, pieces of dog crap EVER came over to see if they could help, or to show sympathy........NOTHING!!!!!!! Not even a damned PHONE CALL!!!

And yes, they DID know I was there, because the apartment manager went to that same church, and he had let them know that she died, as he also let them know that I was there, alone, taking care of everything!!! No card, no flowers, no phone call, no NOTHING from these worthless pieces of self-righteous garbage!!!

You can believe whatever you want to believe in, but when someone tells me they are "christian" or "religious", I stay away from them. Because to me, they ARE the epitome of all that is PURE EVIL on this planet!

That being said, I do take people on a person to person basis. And as I stated in the previous post, I know not all "religious" people are pure evil........but 99.999999999999% of the time, pure evil is what I see from these "people".

So, forgive me if I sound harsh.....its because in my eyes, Adolph Hitler could NEVER EVER come to the same level of pure evil as the Religious sects of "Christians" on this planet.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. Not all Christians are like that at all. :frowning2: The churches in my city do a free homeless drive for the summer to supply food etc. They also wander the south end(poor end of our city) and fix up people's houses at no charge. There are plenty of people who do give.

9. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    MisterSparkles I hear you loud and clear and these "religious" people will have a rude awakening coming to them. For me there are true Christians who try to emulate Jesus to the best of their ability and the rest are just members of a "religious club".

10. Jeff

Well-written and I hope you are feeling a bit better. Love losses are the toughest aren't they. Glad you ditched the fake god, time to move on there too.

11. BeingEarnest

Mr. Tinkles
    What painful experiences. Sending you a big hug.