1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship with a trans person

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Goldangel455, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Goldangel455

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So recently I have moved to a new city for university and it's substantially bigger than where I used to live. I'm really enjoying it and there are many more LGBT people here than my hometown. One guy in one of my classes messaged me on Instagram and we have hung out a few times going for coffee, walks, dinner, etc. The last time we went out I told him I really liked him and would like to pursue this, he confirmed the feelings were mutual so I was pretty relieved.

I haven't had much experience dating only having one relationship with a guy which only lasted around 2 months. So I don't have much experience to start off with. This new guy is trans and has been on T for a few years. He hasn't gotten top surgery yet, but I'm pretty sure he will be getting it in the next year or so.

I really do like this guy and I'm hoping that it does work out. I just don't want to make him feel uncomfortable in any way or do anything that crosses the line. I know communication is key but I also don't want to ask any questions that are too personal or invasive. I'm asking for advice due to respect for him so if anybody has any insights on the matter it would be greatly appreciated. :relaxed:

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I could probably tell you what I'd hope from a partner if I were in his shoes.

Firstly, don't make a big deal out of it. A lot of people don't like that. Personally, I don't really like being reminded that I'm trans, so yeah.

Secondly, when you both feel ready to go to the bedroom, ask him about his boundaries beforehand as to not kill the mood. Everyone is different regarding what they are comfortable with and many trans people don't want certain body parts touched or they don't want their body parts refered to with common terms.

Other than that, I guess just do as you would with anyone else :slight_smile: