1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Survey!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Apr 13, 2013.

1. flight

When did you have your first girlfriend/boyfriend?
    Still waiting

Who gave you your first kiss?
    Sadly no one yet, but I want it to be with someone special not something to be thrown away

Have you ever fallen in love? If so, who?
    Yes. Twice. Once with this girl when I was 13. Then she moved.

And another girl till I realized that I'm gay and could only love her romantically.

Have you ever broken anyone’s heart?

Nope. But I probably will.

If yes, who and how?

Na

Do you get along with any ex-boyfriends/girlfriends?
    Na

Do you have feelings for any exes at this current time?
    Na

If so, are the feelings strong enough to be unable to move on?
    Na

Do they know how you feel?
    Na

How long was your longest relationship?
    Na

How short was your shortest relationship?

This is depressing. I haven't had one!

Has anyone told you they wanted to marry you?

Have you ever cried over a guy?
    Nope.

If so, why? Why not?
    Because I haven't found someone that I like.

Who was the last person you went on a date with? When?
    No dates.

Are you currently single or taken?
    Single.

If you are single, do you want to find love?
    Yes~

What are some things you look for in a person that are important?
    Smart, independent, caring, someone who can take all of my quirks and is accepting. Someone who is willing to be open with me about their problems, and I can as well. Someone who makes time for me, and I would for them.

What do you find physically attractive about a person that catches your eye?
    Hair, blonde perferably nothing long or short, but right in the middle. Slightly muscular build. I'm not that shallow, but if someone had these physical traits and a personality to boot, that would be pretty awesome.

What is more important, looks or personality?
    Bit of both, but more or less personality.

Which would you prefer, true love or $1,000,000?
    True love. Who needs a million bucks? Money doesn't buy you happiness.

If your boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on you, would you take them back?
    Depends on what they did. Mistakes happen, but if it was more than a one time thing, I'm done.

Are you currently having any friends with benefits?
    No.

Do you like someone?
    Sadly, no.

If so, who?
    N/A

What are three things that are attractive about them?
    N/A

If you could go on a date with anyone, who would it be?
    A guy. Simple as that.

If you saw an ex out with another girl/guy, what would you do?
    Na.

Do your parents have a big say as to who you date?
    My parents won't let me date a girl, so asking about a guy is going to get awkward.

Do your friends have a say as to who you date?
    They don't have the final call, but advice is always appreciated.

If there was one thing you could say to your ex, what would it be?
    Na.

2. IrishEyes1989

I had my first boyfriend when I was 16.

That first boyfriend. As long as I live, I will never forget that kiss, though I guess you never really do forget your first kiss, huh? It was one of the most romantic moments of my life.

Yes, twice. The first time was with my first boyfriend, once again. I fell hard and fast for him. The other person is my current girlfriend. She is the only other person I've dated that I have truly been in love with.

Yes :frowning2:

If yes, who and how?
    I've broken a few hearts actually. The first was when I broke up with my second boyfriend. Ultimately I think he was a lot more into me than I was into him. I tried my best to let him down easy (which never works, btw, for any of you out there who have yet to dump someone) but it was still hard. The second was a friend of mine who I shared a passionate fling with a couple of summers ago. I was so attracted to him and he to me, but there were a lot of outside factors that meant our relationship would never last. First of all, he was three years younger. Secondly, my ex-boyfriend was interested in getting back together and I became super conflicted. I had a little love triangle going on. It was so fucking hard to end it and I hated myself for doing it. And finally, I broke the heart of of a guy who I dated very casually for a few months. It was really more of a friends-with-benefits type of situation, but the point was that I didn't want anything more serious but he did. He pleaded with me to give it a chance but I knew it would never work. I wasn't about to lead him on any further. I've seen too many guys cry over me. It really eats away at you sometimes.

I don't really talk to any of my ex-boyfriends. I've got two of them on Facebook, but they're both in relationships and so am I.

Nope.

N/A

N/A

My current relationship is the longest I've ever had at just over a year and a half.

About 2 months I think.

Yes.

Ohhh yeah.

If so, why? Why not?
    Well, my first boyfriend cheated on me. I was devastated and broke down right in front of him. I couldn't help it.

My girlfriend, when we last saw each other in January. We're in a binational long-distance relationship.

Taken.

N/A

- A great sense of humour
    - Compassion
    - Left-leaning politics (it's not a deal breaker if they aren't a liberal though..one of my ex-boyfriends was quite conservative)
    - Appreciation and love for the arts
    - Life goals and aspirations that match my own

Men: muscles (not beefcake, but some definition), hair (short..I HATE long hair on guys), height (I don't think I'd date a guy shorter than me, though I'm 5'4" so it's unlikely I'd run into that problem lol)
    Women:breasts (the bigger the better, but not freakishly big..D to DD is my ideal), hair (I like long hair on women), and cheekbones (odd one, I know, but I'm very attracted to high, angular cheekbones)

I've come to realize through experience that they are equally important for a healthy relationship, both emotionally and sexually.

True love, baby. I'm a hopeless romantic. Always have been, always will be.

It depends. If my current girlfriend cheated on me, I don't think I'd take her back, but we've got a bit of a complex history, which I don't have the time to go into right now.

No.

Do you like someone?
    No.

If so, who?
    N/A

N/A

Right now, Noomi Rapace. God, I am in love with that woman :love:

I'd smile and nod to them most likely. In my own mind though, I'd be like "OMFG AWWWKWARD!"

No, but they like to think they do lol.

Absolutely not. Though my friends have never shied away from giving their honest opinions of who I am dating, and they haven't always been very nice.

Depends which ex haha. I suppose I'll go with my first boyfriend. I would tell him that he is still in my heart and that he always will be.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I dated a few girls in college but never got to the boyfriend/girlfriend stage. My first boyfriend was when i was 19.

Some chick I was trying to get with when I was younger.

Yes only once, with my first boyfriend.

Yes.

If yes, who and how?
    A few people who've wanted to get with me, and I kind of knew and acted oblivious. Once they ended up saying it, I had to let them down but I could see they were crushed.

Some of them I do, one I don't speak to.

Nothing beyond platonic.

Not in a million years

Yes. Some are just unable to accept it and move on.

3 years.

I dated one girl for like a week until we realized that we weren't compatible.

No. I'd probably laugh in their face.

No and I never will.

If so, why? Why not?
    It's just not the type of person I am.

A person I was dating before we decided to be friends about 2 months ago.

Taken.

I'm gonna answer this anyway. Part of me does, part of me is scared to ever get to that point again. I don't know if I could handle it falling apart again.

Good sense of humor, someone I can laugh with, someone who doesn't take life so seriously, someone who is extroverted. And this one is kind of ironic because it doesn't seem like I'd like it, but I love people who do corny romantic gestures.

Smile, eye color.

Both are important. Of course I have a stronger desire to get to know people I'm attracted to. But I've broken it off with people who I thought are beautiful because their personality isn't really what I'm looking for.

So is this saying that if we took the million we would never find true love? Or just that right now, we could have either one? In both cases I'd probably take the money. Whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know how to spend it.

Probably not, but in this stage of my life I've learned to never say never. If it had been a few years and they grew up in a sense where they acknowledge the mistake and tried to atone for it, there could be a chance.

Not currently since I'm seeing someone, but I don't rule out the idea. Sometimes it's nice to have someone for a bit of fun and not have to worry about labeling the situation.

Do you like someone?
    Yes.

If so, who?
    The person I'm seeing.

Laugh, the fact that we've had like identical childhoods, eyes.

I don't know. I always feel awkward on dates no matter how powerfully I'm into someone.

Depends which one. One I'd say hey, the other I'd avoid like the plague.

No. My mom 9/10 times approves of the guys I date but even if she didn't she knows better than to try and offer dating advice.

Nope.

Nothing at the moment.

4. Robin

My first girlfriend was in kindergarten, but as we all know kindergarten relationships are worth nothing, so I’ll go with middle school in eighth grade with another girl.

Nobody yet. Still hanging in there.

Closest I’ve ever gotten was when my current crush walked into the room I was in two years ago. Romeo and Juliet thing happened, and I’ve been crushing on him ever since. TWO YEARS OF THIS!

Yes.

If yes, who and how?
    I didn’t know how to handle a relationship with a girl, and I broke up with my first girlfriend as if I were telling her something that wasn’t very important. She was crushed, and I didn’t understand why she could possibly be. Figured out the gay thing a few years later. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I haven’t seen any of my past girlfriends in a long time. Except for that kindergarten one…she went crazy and told me that, because of our kindergarten romance, that she turned to drugs and alcohol and that we were meant to be together, etc. I kept the love letter she sent me in case I had to file a police report…

Considering all my exes are girls, you do the math.

It lasted about four months.

About three weeks long. One day I held her hand, and I never saw her again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No.

Yes.

If so, why? Why not?
    I can’t figure out how to get into a relationship with him. I don’t even know if he’s gay.

My last girlfriend. It was last year and, as I mentioned before, I held her hand and she disappeared off the face of the earth.

Single and staying that way. There aren’t many options in a small town.

Immediately and effectively.

Gentleness, willing to stand up for me, generally nice, funny but not so that he’s not serious about things.

I like a guy to seem bigger than me in height and weight. I don’t know why.

Both. I’m sure the looks thing would start me out on a relationship, but that relationship is going to crash and burn without the right personality.

True freaking love.

Once, and they would be getting an STD test after three months with no sex. (I’ve planned for this.) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, and I hopefully never will.

Do you like someone?
    Yes.

If so, who?
    As I mentioned before, I’ve had a crush on a guy in my class for two years.

Looks, personality, uniqueness.

My crush.

If it were a guy, I would actually rejoice because that means I would have a chance if they broke up. If it were a girl, I would cry.

None at all. You know, unless they’re a drug dealer or something.

I guess I think about what they might say about us if the guy is ugly or something, but otherwise now.

“I’m so sorry that I hurt you, but there’s a big reason for it. I’m gay, and I wish I would have known sooner so we could have been better friends. I really wanted to be your friend, and I think we could have gotten along well. I just needed to figure things out at the time. I’m so sorry. Have fun in Kentucky.”

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2013 at 09:00 AM ----------

Totally in a similar situation. The guy I like is two grades below me, and I'm graduating and moving away soon as well. I can't help but pursue the relationship though, which is aggravating since there's no way it will work. :dry:

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 20 when I got my first girlfriend.

My first girlfriend.

Yup. Twice. The first was with a Latino girl that I met at a cultural fest at my College. The second was with my favorite college professors gothic daughter.

Yes. 6 times to be exact.

If yes, who and how?
    They were all my ex's. Over time I would become increasingly jealous of my girlfriends looking how I wanted to look. I hated the boyfriend role and all of the one-sided rules that applied to me. What straight girl could ever comprehend that their "boyfriend" secretly wanted to be courted on the date and look as cute as they did? In the end my anger would take over and I would dump them in a confusing fit of rage. I was too ashamed to tell the truth, so the reasons I would give were usually over something really ridiculous like ignoring a text message. I wanted them to hate me because I hated myself. I figured that their anger towards me would justify the constant state of depression I lived in.

Only 1. All of my others hate my guts, and for good reason.

I miss my 7th ex quite a bit. We really bonded in the short time that we were together. I felt like a huge tool after I dumped her. She was trying to grieve over her mother dying and pushed me away, which in turn made my insecurity kicked into high gear. I still love her a lot, but I know that bridge has long since been burned.

Nope. She's straight while I'm a lesbian. I taught myself that it would never work and moved on.

The only one that knows how I really feel is my 9th ex. I broke down crying and came out to her as being a Transsexual. The others think I was just a real big asshole with insecurity issues.

3 months.

4 days.

Nope.

A guy? No. I did cry really hard over my 6th ex dumping me though.

If so, why? Why not?
    I really loved her, but I knew deep down that something wasn't right between us. We tried going to 3rd base and I had a dysphoria meltdown. She accused me of being gay and dumped me the next day on Facebook.

My best friend. She was in the middle of a messy divorce, and I had just broke up with my 8th ex. We both wanted someone, so we tried going out a couple of times. It has been about 4 months since we went back to just being friends.

Single. I wouldn't want anyone wanting me the way I look now.

At this point, no. I just want to be happy with myself.

I look for sense of humor, how many hobbies/interest we have in common, and if our beliefs click.

Someones eyes and hair.

Looks are over-rated, so I go with personality. Trust me, as a Trans* I know that what you see is not always what you get.

$1,000,000. I would be able to transition and help quite a few others transition as well. The satisfaction of helping others would outweigh my need to feel true love.

No. Once you cross that line you're dead to me.

God no. That one horribly botched sexual experience with my ex was enough to turn me off from trying again until I am fully post-op.

Do you like someone?
    I've learned as a mental self preservation technique to stop becoming attracted to others.

Do fictional characters count? Cause if they do I would go out with Xena: Warrior Princess in a heartbeat. :grin:

I would wish most of them the best of luck. They were all straight girls who saw me as something I wasn't. I was a real jerk of a boyfriend, so I don't blame them for dating a real guy and not a forced false persona.

Not in the slightest. I would honestly not care what they said anyway. They have a low batting average in giving me sound advice.

Nope. I'll take what they say into consideration though.

To most of them I would just come clean as being transsexual. I would also apologize for being jealous of them and not making any sense with my anger. Then I would wish them luck in finding someone and walk away. For the one that dumped me for a band member in My Chemical Romance though I would change nothing I said to her.

6. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

First girlfriend, 4th grade... I think my first real boyfriend, one that could count as one, would be 7th grade.

Amanda, 4th grade =)

Several times. I think I have the "fall in love with everyone you set eyes on" disease. But serious loves, about 4.

Many many times

If yes, who and how?
    Mostly men, just because I liked playing the field and making them jealous =)

I do, with a couple of my ex-bf's.

I guess I do...

I've loved one forever and I've still been moving on even though I don't like that she is...

No.

3 years.

A couple hours

Yes.

Yes.

If so, why? Why not?
    I've cried over many guys.

My husband.

Married

Still do.

Good sense of humor, intelligence, compassion, loyalty, and so much more.

I'm stealing her answer ^

Eyes, Style, Height.

Both are important. When I see someone I find attractive, of course they catch my interest. But if they have a horrible personality, they automatically become unattractive. So I guess personality is more important.

Stealing this one too ^ heh

I've already given up money for true love <3

With this one...... I don't know....

Not since before I started dating my husband.

Do you like someone?
    Always.

If so, who?
    My best friend (female) who is straight, my husband of course, and my ex gf.

My husband... His physique, his smile, and his guitar playing.

The straight one I like, she says she wants to try it, but I'm scared of being her first.

Depends on which ex it is. Probably avoid them either way.

Nope, Never have.

Never.

I miss you.......

7. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    first girlfriend/boyfriend? Girlfriend - 24, Boyfriend - 25
    Who gave you your first kiss? Some guy I met online when I was 23. Don't remember his name.
    Have you ever fallen in love? If so, who? Yes, a girl in my german classes in college, and then again later with a close friend (male).
    Have you ever broken anyone’s heart? Yes.
    If yes, who and how? A girl who asked me out in high school, that I turned down. My ex-girlfriend took our breakup pretty hard as well.
    Do you get along with any ex-boyfriends/girlfriends? Sadly no.
    Do you have feelings for any exes at this current time? Also no.
    If so, are the feelings strong enough to be unable to move on? Nope.
    Do they know how you feel? Yes
    How long was your longest relationship? Just one year.
    How short was your shortest relationship? A month.
    Has anyone told you they wanted to marry you? Yes.
    Have you ever cried over a guy? Yes.
    If so, why? Why not? Strong friend crush. He didn't share the same feelings when I finally got the courage to reveal them.
    Who was the last person you went on a date with? When? My current boyfriend.
    Are you currently single or taken? Taken.
    If you are single, do you want to find love? Taken :wink:
    What are some things you look for in a person that are important? Are they hot? Can I have a fun conversation with them? Do we have anything in common? Do I feel like I grow, as a person, by spending time with them?
    What do you find physically attractive about a person that catches your eye? This is complicated. Waist/Hip ratio (5:6 male and 4:5 female), toned (male or female), and I also find a bit of androgyny attractive. Facial features play a big role too, but there are many ways that can work.
    What is more important, looks or personality? This will sound shallow but looks. I'll only have feelings of platonic friendship if someone has a good personality and I'm not attracted to them.
    Which would you prefer, true love or $1,000,000? I don't know if true love really exists, but if it does, I'll take it over $1,000,000.
    If your boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on you, would you take them back? What does it mean to 'take them back'? I wouldn't be upset, as long as they told me and used protection (and I approved of their secondaries). I'm not possessive anyway.
    Are you currently having any friends with benefits? No but I've done it before and enjoyed it. More interested in real relationships now but if I were in an open relationship I'd be up for having FWB secondaries.
    Do you like someone? Yes.
    If so, who? My current boyfriend.
    What are three things that are attractive about them? Shoulders, cheeks, abs.
    If you could go on a date with anyone, who would it be? Anyone? The list is too long to even contemplate.
    If you saw an ex out with another girl/guy, what would you do? Ignore them. Maybe say hi or wave if they do the same.
    Do your parents have a big say as to who you date? Nope. They've always let me date whomever.
    Do your friends have a say as to who you date? Nope. They're cool with whatever.
    If there was one thing you could say to your ex, what would it be? "I still have the utmost respect for you. I hope you're doing alright". Yeah nothing deep really.

8. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    4 years ago

Have been offered before, chickened out.

Love isn't a fixed term. Currently yes.

She never even liked me to begin with, she just wanted to act dramatic

If yes, who and how?

Girlfriend last year

Hell no

See above answer

N/A

N/A

8 months

a month

When I was 6 years old, my cousin and I made a deal to get married.

No

If so, why? Why not?

Just found out I'm into guys.

My current boyfriend, a week ago.

Taken.

N/A

Down-to-earth and kind. That trumps everything.

I am usually a sucker for black hair and blue eyes, but I have to admit, my boyfriend can make the blonde green eyes thing work so well it should be illegal

Personality

*Insert generic answer here*

Yes, I love him too much.

No.

Do you like someone?

Yes

If so, who?

My boyfriend

Physically? His hair, eyes and build. Personality-wise? His openness, humility and just the way he can make you want to hug him.

My true love.

Feel sorry for that guy.

No, no no. As long as you convince them you're not into dating

No

N/A

#28 BrokenWings, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

My first real relationship was with a girl when I was 15. I have not had a boyfriend yet, sadly.

My 3rd grade “girlfriend.” My first actual make-out kiss, my first girlfriend, when I was 15.

Yes, twice. My best guy friend, typical I know. But I was in denial/closeted at the time and I mentally masked as a bromance. I was 17-18. He is still one of my best friends, but I luckily no longer have romantic feelings for him. He is really great though. The other time was with a girl , who I met in college/university (who is also my best friend-what is with me?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). She was the last girl and the only girl I ever did love. It was kind of me saying, this is the last chance I give women, now I’m only into boys.

Yes.

If yes, who and how?
    My longest relationship, with a girl when I was a senior in highschool, at age 18. I broke up with her when I went off to college/university.

Not really, I tried but it is always awkward.

No, at least not romantic, they are all girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

N/A

Well, I’m not out to any of them, but it does not matter.

1 ½ years.

2 months.

Yes.

Yes.

If so, why? Why not?
    Again, my best friend, who could never reciprocate the feeling I had for him. It was torturous at the time.

I when on random, short dates with a few girls my freshmen/sophomore years in college/university. But then realizing I was gay, I have just come out and am ready to start dating again!

Single.

100% YES.

Humbleness, kindness, good sense of humor, intelligent, nerdy, adventurous.

I always notice hair first. Smile, chest and arms.

Both, but I always put an emphasis on personality. Attraction brings you together, but personality keeps you together.

True love. It is not even comparable.

No, I would say never who knows. I’m usually intolerant of that.

No.

Do you like someone?
    Sort of, in my real life, no one specifically.

If so, who?
    Some people on EC are pretty awesome, and had we ever met in person in the real world-who knows!

Their personality/out look on life. They are adorable, beautiful people inside and out.

Zac Efron please!

If it is my ex-girlfriends, one of them is dating a guy (and has been for a few years). I’m totally ok with it.

No, it is my decision and not their place. However, I do value their opinion and advice but it is ultimately my decision. I would like my parents and boyfriend to get along and like each other!

No, but again, I do want their input. I do have some incredibly close friends whose opinions and judgments I trust implicitly. So perhaps: P

I’m gay now! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. When did you have your first girlfriend/boyfriend?
    urm i think i was 12. kinda. me and this guy had a thing but idk if we were like proper official. first serious relationship was when i was 18.

the guy when i was 12 lolol. first proper kiss though was when i was 15 with that curly haired guy. blergh.

yeah at the time. a girl (back then) when i was 18.

i think so :frowning2:

If yes, who and how?
    a guy i was involved with when i was 15ish. i loved him and still do as a friend, but i dumped him cuz he never came to see me when i travelled half hour to see him lol.

a handful of non serious. 2 weeky-thingys when i was younger then yeah. if you mean like proper relationships then nope none.

yeah the guy when i was 15, but just friend love :slight_smile:

no.

yeah

a year

a day? haha.

no

yeah

If so, why? Why not?
    this guy when i was like 14 was being mean and dumped me and said i was ugly and stuff haha.

a girl last year i think. nothing came of it but she was a lovely girl.

Single.

Absolutely.

gsoh. able to take a joke. doesnt take themselves too seriously.

legs. i just like legs :| im weeeeeird. a nice figure :3

personality. cant be with someone who is boring.

love

no

nah

Do you like someone?
    no

If so, who?
    no oneee

forever alone..... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

this guy who is a singer. gah. we can go out for pizza and then i just want him to sing to me you know? is that weird yeah prob.

probably wouldnt notice lol

they used to, not anymore.

no

i hope karma has got your butt by now its been like 3 years yo. playaaa.

joking aside. probay nothing.

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I had my first online relationship at 14 with an asshole of a guy

Still hasn't happened yet *sigh*

I have fallen in love with 2 girls. The first when I was about 16 and the other when I was 17

Not that I know of. They tend to break my heart

I haven't kept in contact with any of them

Yes

I can move on, but if she wanted me back, I would probably be more than happy to be in her arms

No

5 months

1 week :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No.

Yes

If so, why? Why not?
    I thought he liked me, so when I found out he was dating another girl, I was heartbroken

I'm still not sure if it was a date! Her name was Tobi and we went out for lunch and stayed at that cafe until it was dark, talking. We later found out that we both had strong feelings for eachother. That was about 7 months ago

SINGLE

Uh, yeah!

Maturity, confidence, intelligence, good looks, strong morals and values

Their eyes, face, hair, body type and scent

Personality. But I do need to find them attractive to be able to feel a connection with them

Hm... True love is overrated! Gimme the million! :grin:

No

No way!

Do you like someone?
    Kinda, kinda not. I don't know at this point

If so, who?
    The guy who snapped my heart into pieces. It's a love-hate relationship with him

His eyes, his intelligence, his quirkiness

Michael Jackson! (Brought back from the dead!)

I'd silently whimper

They don't know who I like. They don't want to know about my love life

No

"You are beautiful and you deserve to be loved. I'm sorry we didn't work out"

12. FruitFly

The first time I actually entered into a defined relationship using either of those terms I was 16.

Well I've been kissing my fellow human beings since the age of 11, but I guess the first proper-proper kiss would have been with a friend of a friend when I was 14.

I've loved people, but I've never been in love.

I have, and they were all very public about this.

If yes, who and how?
    The friend of the friend at 14, we had what I believed to be a fling and then when he asked to make our relationship exclusive I said I wasn't ready for that. He broke off all contact with me and caused quite the divide within our friendship group.

At 16 I entered into a lengthy relationship with a young man, it got all the way to having a wedding organised, and then I bailed. I couldn't marry him because I was only going with the flow, I didn't love him. My family were very disappointed and I ended up losing the majority of the friends I'd made as part of that relationship.

My most recent ex sent me a lengthy message about how I've broken her heart, but we were in such different places it was going to happen sooner or later. She wanted to get married, move over from the states, settle down into domestic life, and I didn't.

Only one, although our getting on is more sporadic conversations when I sign onto Facebook chat.

Not at all. Once the chapter has closed on a relationship I'm pretty much free from any sort of feelings for an ex, at least any that go beyond my normal feelings for someone who is not an active part of my life.

No feelings, no problemo.

Erm... the ex I still talk to knows that I do not have any feelings for her, and while I've told my recent ex that I do not return her feelings she doesn't believe me. The others I have had no contact with so I assume they know I do not have any feelings for them.

6 years.

One defined as a relationship: 12 months.

Yes.

No.

If so, why? Why not?
    Why not? I don't know. I just haven't. I've never cried over anyone in relation to a relationship or relationship longings.

The ex in January this year.

I'm unavailable, but not taken. Which I guess is a roundabout way of saying happily single.

I'm not sure I actively want to find it, I'm just open to the possibility of it occurring.

Maybe this is my problem, I do not really have any concrete things I look for in a person other than mutual attraction.

The way they move - I like someone who moves with confidence.

Personality, looks are not really a concern for me. If they enthrall me with their personality I couldn't care less about their appearance.

Ha. In my head true love is something that has the potential to occur naturally outside of someone offering money or love, and as such I would take the money and use it for various things. Most likely invest in local charities given the way funding is going for some of them.

Everyone deserves a second chance, even after their last second chance.

I fell away from the whole friends with benefits things when my hormones settled down and puberty was no longer quite the raging ball of sexual urges.

Do you like someone?
    I like everyone.

If so, who?
    Everyone (!).

There are so many things that each person has which makes them attractive it is impossible to limit them to three. Generally the attractiveness comes down to their individuality and the fact they're a walking piece of natural art. Just like the rest of nature.

Hmm. I really do not know, I'd want to be surprised.

Not a lot. Probably go "is that soandso .... so it is, small world".

They do and they don't. It's a complex relationship.

I have no frequently in touch friends, so they have no say in this particular aspect of my life (!).

I think I've said all I could ever wish to say to her :slight_smile:.

13. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 19

:icon_redf I do not know his name

Nope

I hope not!

Yes

No

Just a few months

Im guessing one night stands dont count?

:lol:... No

Yes...

If so, why? Why not?
    Frustration. Wanting something out of the relationship I wasnt going to get. Pain for what he said to me. Jealousy for seeing how he treated another guy.

Very single

At some point in my life, sure.

Kindness, openness, humor, an easy smile, and just a lot warmth.

Shoulders, style, arms, facial structure

I say its an equal balance. Puss out answer I know, but Id like to find a nice balance of looks and personality.

Right now at this exact moment in my life, give me the money! Hopefully that may change over the course of my life

It depends on the guy, the circumstances of his cheating, how into the relationship we were. Its not an automatic out though.

Strangers with benefits. :dry:

Do you like someone?
    Yes

If so, who?
    A co-worker... but hes straight! :eusa_doh:

Hes great at what he does, number one. Hes very intelligent and self aware, and hes incredibly focused and ambitious.

Oh I dont know. If I get ANYONE then ill chose someone over the top and ridiculous like Michio Kaku.

Turn around and go the other way before he saw me.

I think my mother likes to think that I dont have sex. She doesnt really talk to me about romantic interests.

If my friends were really really against a guy I was seeing, I might take it into consideration. But if I really loved a guy, I wouldnt let other peoples opinions sway me.

Not sure I have anything to say.

14. Renge

14. A girlfriend

eh.. never

My first girlfriend and my first love

No.. I think?

No

No

4 months but we were in kinda relashionship-without-status for one year

One day?

Yeah

Yes once :/

If so, why? Why not?
    Because he is just so quiet!

Single

Why not? [/B

Caring, easy to talk to, sweet

Beautiful face, smile, white and flawless skin haha

Both.

Gimme the money so I could travel the world and find my true love

No, thanks.

No, I guess

Do you like someone?
    Yes

If so, who?
    My senior, my teacher, and someone-who-ignores-me

The first one, she's just so beautiful. My teacher, she's fun, popular, and sweet. But, I don't know about the last one. Jeez..

That someone-who-ignores-me

Oh wow.. *twitch eyes*

Yes they do -_-

I never told them who I like cause it's a girl

Aren't we a bad liar? haha

15. 2dMnB

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Never been kissed.

I think mine is more like obsession, not love. I had a very big crush on a friend of mine after we split paths. I was constantly thinking about her, hoping we could meet by accident some day and… Well, sometimes I could be a hopeless romantic. After I’ve found her on FB one day, we talked a bit but I was going through a rough time and I guess that scared her off or something. It wasn’t what I was hoping it might be. I also had a crush on someone I met over the internet. But this person stopped using social media all together, so we lost contact. I became quite good in getting over my feelings when I have to.

Not that I know of. :slight_smile:

If yes, who and how?
    N/A

No ex-boyfriends/girlfriends to get along with. :slight_smile:

N/A

N/A

N/A

Never been in a relationship.

I went on a date once. Does that count?

No. :slight_smile:

Have you ever cried over a guy? If so, why?
    Yes, actually. I had a stupid child crush over some blond boy in school. And it was my first crush ever. I think I cried my eyes out before he found out from my friends how I feel about him. You know all this I tell my friends I like him, they tell his friends, which in turn tell him… And he told me he doesn’t like me because of some stupid flaw, which I like by the way. But I didn’t cry after he turned me down as a potential girlfriend. Only before that and I’m not even sure as to why I was so love struck. It looks stupid now as I think about it.

My last and first date was with a guy I met at my ex-workplace, after we both stopped working there. I went to get some papers and he was questioning the staff about the same. I didn’t even remember seeing him before that but he seemed to remember me. Although I was left with the impression that he thinks I’m weird or something. I have no idea why I waited for him to finish talking and walked with him after that as if we came together, which wasn’t the case. I had a very short haircut back then that I didn’t like how it went so I kept my hood on almost all of the time. Even more weird. :slight_smile: We walked on the beach, we talked, we spent the whole day together and I really felt like there’s something there. He walked me home, at some point we exchanged numbers… So he called me a few days later and we agreed to meet again. Only this time it was a workday for him so he was late with a few hours because of his job. I don’t know if I made a mistake telling him I’ll wait for him after he called. We went to a coffee shop nearby but something just wasn’t there. I was in a foul mood, he was complaining about his job and drinking at the same time, which I hate, drinking I mean. At some point I think he texted a friend of his to call him so he can get away of our ‘date’. I can be a bit anti-social like that. People don’t seem to get me. And while he was talking with this friend of his, there was something about the way he pronounced the word ‘girl’ when referring to me, like he really had to think if I’m really a girl and if he approves of my lack of gender. Well, anyway he walked me to the bus stop, like the perfect gentlemen which I guess he is, and even asked if I’ll be ok which fazed me a bit at the time. I’m sorry I went in details about it. Oh, and it was a few years ago.

Single always.

Who doesn’t?

Gentle, caring, to respect my wishes and my personal space, to respect me, to care about me, to love me… I don’t think I could fall in love with someone that doesn’t feel the same. He/she shouldn’t take drugs, drink or smoke. He/she should have a good heart and care about animals.

Blond hair and blue eyes for guys, fit body. :slight_smile: No particular visual traits for women. I like short haircuts though.

Personality is definitely more important.

True love always.

Yes.

No. :slight_smile:

Do you like someone?
    Not right now, I don’t.

If so, who?
    N/A

N/A

My soul mate. :slight_smile: I know it’s stupid but I believe that there’s this one person in the whole world that is right for you and all you need to do is find him/her and be happy for the rest of your lives together.

N/A

None. Even if they were alive I wouldn’t ask them about who I should like or date. It’s my own personal choice.

No. I don’t have many friends but even if I did I don’t let other people’s opinion determine my life choices.

N/A

#35 2dMnB, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  16. MerBear

I'm sorry.
    I saw your survey and I just couldn't resist. I'm in a good mood so excuse me for bumping the thread anthemic :slight_smile:

I have no idea actually. I would have to say when I was 12 maybe.

I have no idea but I'm going to guess, This guy Michael in elementary school

Yes, I have...With my ex girlfriend scarlett. She meant everything to me and always will.

I Think I have.

If yes, who and how?

It was my ex boyfriend...I dated him for 2 months. I have no idea why I went out with him, i wasn't attracted to him. I just liked the idea of having a boyfriend I guess and I broke up with him. I was bored. I wasn't happy and he Got revenge on me and still hates me for breaking up with him but whatever. My happiness comes first.
    I regret dating him But I don't regret breaking up with him.

I get along okay with my ex boyfriends but they hate me in some way

Yes, scarlett

Yes and No. I'm slightly interested in someone but i still miss her like crazy

Yes they do.

2-3 months?

Does a week or a day count?
    Day if it counts

No.

yes

If so, why? Why not?

Because....I have no idea actually...I cried when he broke up with me ...But I got over it really quickly....I don't know why I cried. I always thought I cried because he broke up with me but maybe it was something else

Never been on a date.

Single. :slight_smile:

Of course.

Personality. I love a girl who is optimistic and cheerful. I love girls who have a good sense of humor. Girls who are hispanics

Girls who are short and Have blue eyes. Long hands and Soft skin

personality.

True love. AKA happiness

No.

I wish. in other words No

Do you like someone?

I'm slightly getting more interested in someone

If so, who?

My best friend's ex girlfriends ...girlfriend. Or in other words.

My friend carley's girlfriend. Ashlie.

Her smile. Her eyes....and Her laugh

Ashlie because Scarlett has someone now and i need to move on with my life

My face would turn white and My heart would drop and become angry
    (If I hadn't still moved on)

No. Not with there poor judgement.

No except one person because They have poor judgement too.
    They only want what's perfect rather than what's not considered to be by society

I actually said this to her in my last email so I'll copy in paste but change some things

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is an update since I am now in a relationship! :grin:

I was 13 when I had my first boyfriend. We dated for 9 months, until I broke up with him. My first girlfriend was when I was 15. We dated on and off for a few months, until I ended it for good.

My first boyfriend, when I was 13.

Yes. I've been in love three times. The first time was when I was 14, with the first girl I kissed. We were involved for several months, but we never made it official. The second time was when I was 16, with my most recent ex. We dated on and off, and were involved for 3 1/2 years. The third time is with my current girlfriend. She's awesome! :slight_smile:

Yes.

If yes, who and how?
    A girl I was involved with (not dating) when I was 15 and 16. I broke her heart because I was never in love with her, and I ended up dating a 24-year-old woman (my most recent ex). I also broke my current girlfriend's heart when I broke up with her a few weeks ago. We are back together, though.

I get along with my ex-boyfriend. I don't speak to either of my ex-girlfriends, except for the most recent ex. We speak on and off.

Not at all. I only have feelings for my girlfriend.

N/A. I've already moved on.

I hope my exes know I don't have feelings for them anymore, lol.

3 1/2 years.

2 weeks with some guy that I met through a friend, when I was 14. He was so weird.

Yes.

Yes.

If so, why? Why not?
    He was my first boyfriend, and I was very young. I thought I loved him, but I got over him in less than a month.

My girlfriend. We went on a movie date via computer. XD

Taken.

I'm taken and very in love.

Good sense of humor, intelligence, compassion, loyalty, and so much more.

How tall they are (5'5'' and taller), smile, hands, eyes. My girlfriend has all of those qualities. ^_^

Both are important. When I see someone I find attractive, of course they catch my interest. But if they have a horrible personality, they automatically become unattractive. So I guess personality is more important.

True love is priceless. No amount of money can make me feel as complete as someone else's love.

No.

No. I don't find friends with benefits the least bit appealing. I have to have feelings for someone if I'm going to be intimate with them.

Do you like someone?
    I love someone.

If so, who?
    My girlfriend.

Her personality, height, and appearance.

My girlfriend.

I would probably wait for them to see me. It's too awkward for me to go up to them, lol.

No. My mom has no idea I'm attracted to women.

Yes and no. If the person I was dating treated my friends badly, then I would not date them. But if my friends couldn't come up with a valid reason for me to not date someone, then no. But I know I won't have that problem. My girlfriend is the most kind-hearted person I know.

"Hey?" :lol:

18. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Never officially had a boyfriend or girlfriend. Had a long-term friend with benefits though.

My friend(female) gave me a kiss more or less out of pity when I told her and another female friend I had never been kissed. It was weird. I wanted to save that for someone special.

No, it was all lust and getting off. There was an emotional attachment as I believe there always is when you have sex with a person, but I wouldn't have called it love. Nope.

No.

If yes, who and how?
    n/a
    I don't talk with my former friend with benefits. He just wants to place message machine tag every 1-2 years. Kind of dumb.

I mean, sort of being we were friends for a long time, but I think it is more nostalgic and tied into me wanting to recapture my youth really.

No, I can move on.

No.

From age 13-19 with him.

N/A, that was the longest and shortest. One and only.
    No. It was purely sex.

I did when he moved on to mess around with a younger dude.

If so, why? Why not?
    ^
    We never officially dated as lovers. We did go carts and stuff from time to time.
    Single.

Absolutely.

Guy-Prefer blond hair and the preppy kind of look. Slender to average build, little leg and arm hair. Good personality. Tight butt. :slight_smile: I prefer a guy who is into sports but most of all someone who is caring and honest.
    Girl-I really like either really short hair or long hair that goes to her boobs. I like hair one extreme or the other. I do not like super thin girls. It's a turn off. I like a girl who is confident in herself, yet will listen to other people and not be self-absorbed. Prefer low maintenance and thrifty if possible. Nice butt as well. I am not really that much of a boob guy, but I enjoy someone who has good taste in underwear as I think I have some decent taste with some of my stuff. I like someone who is open about talking about sex and not afraid to take charge in the bedroom. It's a real turn on to think about a women initiating sex. Cuddling is nice too.

See above.

Rather have a good personality but wouldn't date someone absolutely ugly. Just being honest.

1 million so I can fully come out.

Depends on what they did and for how long they did and how long I had known them. If they picked up a venereal disease etc. Lots of factors.

No. Might want one as long as they agree to tell me when it's over. Don't keep me guessing.

Do you like someone?
    Lust yes, not love.

If so, who?
    n/a
    n/a

Mike Manning from the Real World. I know it would never happen, but we have so much in common.

Keep walking and call them later maybe...don't know.

No. I am not out to them right now.

I agree with the OP: Yes and no. If the person I was dating treated my friends badly, then I would not date them. But if my friends couldn't come up with a valid reason for me to not date someone, then no.

Just give me a call so we can have a brief talk. Not getting into why, but it's not out of love or wanting to get together, more for closure's sake.

19. Vampire

I had my first girlfriend when I was 12, didn't last long (around three weeks) and then my first boyfriend when I was 15. It lasted 6 months before I broke up with him because he became obsessed with sex and I wasn't ready.

My boyfriend, in a chilly December night, the day before Christmas

I only once have fallen in love, but sadly, before I could meet him (he was from a different city), his mother deceased and had to move to a different country.

Yes.

If yes, who and how?
    Yes, my boyfriend who I broke up with because he started pushing me to have sex with him and me not being ready, one day, I flipped out at him and called him a pedophile perverted freak.

I get along with all of my ex-es, even though it's kind of awkward talking about certain stuff.

No, I do not.

6 months, 1 week and 3 days.

3 weeks with my first and only girlfriend

Yes.

Yes.

If so, why? Why not?
    Because he had to move to a different country just when we were about to meet up. He was going to move in and everything was going to be awesome. And then things went down hill. :/

My latest ex-boyfriend, a couple of months back when he tried regaining me, but I just couldn't get over his behavior.

Single.

Yes, I'm addicted to love and I have not taken in any in a long time now.

Loyalty, passion, if he's innocent it makes me want him even more, intelligence and above all, he has to be caring.

Their height (if they're shorter, it makes me want to cuddle them >.<). How muscular they are (just right. Not too buffed, not too skinny, although, I prefer skinny over buffed). If they have any hair in the pubic or armpits areas, it turns me off instantly and makes me feel like they don't care about their own hygiene.

They go hand in hand. If he's really clever and caring and what-not but ugly, it turns me off. If he looks really beautiful but has a shitty personality, it turns me off. They have to be in balance.

No matter how much money you have, if you can't share it with your true love, they're pointless.

Only if I'd think there's a valid reason and my feelings are really strong for them, but nothing would ever be the same.

No. I can't have friends with benefits, because I fall for them.

Do you like someone?
    Yes.

If so, who?
    My classmate who incorporates my description of the perfect guy. Sadly, he's straight.

His perfect smile, his body and his humorous character.

My crush and some other stars I have a crush on.

Depends on who it is. If my feelings were very deep for them and I'd still be single, I'd feel like a failure.

No. I choose my partners.

There's a limit on how much they can get involved. I take any advice, but as stated above, I choose my partners.

"I am really sorry for reacting how I reacted and I hope you'll find love again."

Lol (Lots of love),
    Andy

20. thekillingmoon

Technically never. There was a guy I dated for about a month, it was never official though. And I never had a girlfriend.

A guy I went on two dates with.

Yes, with a woman. It wasn't mutual.

I don't know, maybe. I'm not sure he was in love with me.

If yes, who and how?
    A guy I dated for about a month, then I told him we should be friends. He was pretty upset.

I usually cut ties with people when dating doesn't work out or they generally aren't interested in keeping in touch.

No

1 month if that counts as a relationship

I only had one, sort of..

Yes

Not really

If so, why? Why not?
    I never had strong feelings for any guys.

This woman I liked a few years ago.

Single.

Of course.

Compatibility, kindness, sense of humor, intelligence, loyalty

I like feminine looking women. I don't have any specific preferences like eye color or hair.

Both are important. Looks is what attracts you initially and personality determines whether you're going to like them.

True love cause you can be rich and lonely.

Hypothetically, no. In reality, I'd probably consider the circumstances.

No

Do you like someone?
    No one at the moment.

If so, who?

Fitness trainer at the gym I go to. She's cute.

Nothing

No, my parents don't even know I'm gay.

No.

I don't have anything to say to him. I'm sure he's forgotten about me, it was a long time ago.