1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconnecting with ex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Jan 17, 2022.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex texted me after we broke up in August after dating for 5 years. Our breakup was civil (He felt like we outgrew each other & he wasn't sure what he wanted in life.) , and we’ve been mostly just texting business stuff as we were separating our lives. We still share a car until the end of the month. Today, he texted me asking to use the car, and I was like “Yeah, that’s fine.”

He then texted “Thank you. I hope your weekend was good.” (This was the first time in awhile that he has texted something other than "yeah", "Thanks." "okay" when we text.

I texted back. “it was. I hope yours was good as well.”

He said “Thanks! It was.”

I feel like he’s trying to possibly reconnect. Or maybe he’s just being nice. What do you think? How can I further connect with him?

2. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be any number of things, but I suspect that he's trying to get you to ask more.

3. Stephanie00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hi, look i know im young but i know about relationships a lot, i went through the same thing about a week ago, now I don’t know what did he meant by that, maybe he’s just trying to be friends, maybe not, but my advice is don’t let this chance go, if you want to at least connect with him more ask him about his day, maybe go do something together like a movie, not a date, as friends, trust me it helps a lot, just don’t go to over the top, go slow, only time will tell what happens next between you, hope this helped!

4. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This could be a sign that he wants to reconnect, but do YOU want to reconnect with him? If yes, then I would text him something similar to see how he'll respond. Just to be sure before making next step.

#4 Y2B, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    BiGemini87 likes this.
  5. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey all, thank you very much for the advice. I'm going to go for it. I found this photo in my memories of him that I think he should have. I'm going to send it to him & see how he reacts. Either way, I want him to have that photo of him. Thank you.

BiGemini87 likes this.