1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reccomend me some good games without male protagonist

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RainDreamer, Apr 22, 2015.

1. 404dotexe

Pokemon, at least from crystal onwards (besides fire red and leaf green). You can get an emulator and play it for free too!

2. Jellal

Journey's one hell of a ride. I don't think the character has any stated gender either

3. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Assuming you haven't played them, Portal and Portal 2. Both are amazing, possibly best games I've ever played.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest. I haven't played it yet, but I've seen parts of it, and, visually, it's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen, and it seems like the protagonist's gender is up for the player to decide.

4. Tetra

Why not Portal or Portal 2?

edit:

I see I'm not the only one thinking that haha ^

5. White Knight

Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines
    Neverwinter Nights series
    Temple of Elemental Evil/Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate where you can make all female group or collect and form all female group.
    Divinity Original Sin
    Jade Empire
    Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic

Most RPGs I know fall in no male protagonist area as well as MMOs of course. Unless they are some weird Asian ones with only X gender classes you can usually roll the character you want with any gender and power you want.

6. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Anyone mention Mirror's Edge yet?

7. RainDreamer

Thanks whoever recommended me Ori and the blind forest. It was a wonderful game, although a little short. Great story, art, and music. Gameplay was standard, but that is not to say it wasn't good. Fluid action platforming with very responsive control allow for a very nice flow of movement through the beautiful levels. Love it!

I have played most other recommendation too and enjoyed them all. Gonna look at Jade Empire next, I heard it a while ago but didn't have a chance to try it.

8. Ryu

Ryu

Ooh! How could I forget? A whole load of the castlevania games for gameboy (Gameboy colour and gameboy advanced) have female protaganists.

Yay castlevania.

9. Theo Weiss

If you are into games with more RPG elements I would recommend Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. Both are great games that you could play countless times and put loads of hours into. I would also recommend buying the DLC's for these games as they are pretty fun and raise the level cap. You could create a female character and just do whatever you please. Personally my both are on my top ten games I've ever played. Hope you enjoy c:

10. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ms Pac-Man?

The protagonist for most of The Last of Us is male, but you play part of the game (and the prequel DLC) as a female character who is also present for most of the rest of the game, and is a really great character. Also two characters in TLoU are gay (I'm not saying which ones to avoid non-plot sensitive spoilers).

King's Quest IV?

11. Knave

Life is Strange.

It's an episodic game that only has 2 episodes released right now, but it's the best game I've played this year, and I've already put it on my short list for "Game of the Decade". It has a great story, makes you feel the widest range of emotions I've felt in any game ever, and came close to giving me two heart attacks. Oh, and there are numerous fan theories that the protagonist may be bi.

12. RainDreamer

That is on my watchlist too. Waiting till all episodes are released till playing though, I can't stand episodic release. By the time the next episode is out I already forget most of the previous episode.

13. Knave

I had the same thought going into it, and I am so happy that I didn't wait. I'll be honest the game help me overcome some personal issues I was having that for the sake of spoilers I won't go into. The developers are also making sure that there is at most a 2 month gap between episodes. As for forgetting what happened, the game does a far better job than TellTale Games ever did at permanently engraving the events of the game in your mind.

14. YunoGasai

fallout 3 , new Vegas , skyrim, metroid series , any game on pc with mods , dead island , tomb raider

15. BlazingRose

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has custom character creation if you like RPG and I enjoyed playing the game.

16. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Starbound you can play as a female or male character, and as an alien or a human. It's a 2-d sandbox-action-platformer? I never thought about the genre.
    Also I recommend kerbal space program, a game about sending green aliens to space.