1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read this and...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by myra, Sep 13, 2008.

1. myra

2. Noah

Oh that makes me sick.

3. hoping

God that makes me angry, the good for nithing peice of garbage

4. Brija

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats horrible... I went to his site. He is terribly misguided...

5. EM68

Stupid and ignorant. That article pissed me off.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [​IMG]

7. davo-man

What a mofo

8. Brett

Wow.....I don't think I been this offended in a looong time.
    The people writing these articles need to get the hell off of their Bible high chairs and get down here with the rest of the world......ugh!

9. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It really makes you wonder how some people can really be so ignorant. I mean honestly it is like he has lived under a rock his entire life. He should try living life in the real world before he preaches his so called morality which is based on not faith or common sense but rather what he has been told by everyone around him who happen to be just as detached from real life.

10. Ben

Ben

Thank God America has more sense than to vote that moron as president.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He called Breakfast on Pluto a "loser movie". NOBODY insults Cillian Murphy in front of me, especially not when he's in drag and killing IRA members with Chanel perfume.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, if I looked as ridiculous as him then I wouldn't draw attention to myself by acting so dumb and idiotic. o.0

13. Derek the Wolf

"overestimated their size and importance" WTF? Those bastards. They're basing civil rights ideas on the box office? Is anyone that stupid?

14. Micah

lollllllllllllllll

I'm sorry but did the author pass 8th grade English?

15. pirateninja

:roflmao:

Poor guy, can't speak proper English so he tries to big himself up with some good-ol' fashioned homophobia?

16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

So ridiculous I'm more bemused than angry...!

17. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Wow, what a stupid article :angry:

18. Cheese Love

Whaaa?

"On the other hand, it could also be that most homosexuals realize they want lots of sex and couldn't care less about marriage ... or about movies featuring homosexuality. It would be interesting to find a way to really do the numbers."

BTW, Shortus was NOT a flop. It won the Cannes film festival and homosexuality isn't even a major theme in the movie, nor is the main character gay, bisexual or curious in anyway. Sorry, hasd to get that off my chest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And same with Brokeback Mountain! I'd stand up for the others but I haven't seem them.

And WTF:
    "Furthermore, a study by D. M. Fergusson and other researchers, published in "Archives of General Psychiatry in 1999, found that 78.6 percent of homosexuals compared to only 38.2 percent of heterosexuals had two or more mental disorders. Also, 71.4 percent of homosexuals experience major depression compared to 38.2 percent of heterosexuals. Sixty-seven percent of homosexuals reported suicidal ideation compared to 28 percent of heterosexuals. And, 32.1 percent of homosexuals actually reported a suicide attempt compared to 7.1 percent of heterosexuals."
    Obviously his article is going to make us all very happy.

#18 Cheese Love, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  19. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know, I love all these articles that write "Homosexuals suffer from more depression, higher likelihood of abusing drugs and alcohol, higher suicide rates, therefore they are bad people". Do they not realize that people just like them, who write this shit about how sinful and corrupt gays are, are the ones who are driving LGBT kids to depression and suicide? If people were a little more friendly towards us, there wouldn't so many of us without homes, or in deep sadness and loneliness.

20. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That. . . made absolutely no sense. As regards the movies: not everyone who goes to see a "gay" movie is gay; not every gay person will see a movie just because it is "gay;" and there are more, but there are other parts of his argument I need to yell at. Like, since when do civil rights depend on numbers alone. Because there are more of him than us, we get nothing? Last I checked, that wasn't right. Or how his god works, either. And, for the love of God, what do gay movies have to do with gay marriage? Can someone explain that to me?

"That would mean that a very small minority is dictating the Judeo-Christian laws of the United States of America, or at least California."

Umm. . . what happened to the separation of church and state? But the last sentence, though:

"If they don't, then the movie industry should stop wasting money on this tiny group, and the government of California should be embarrassed that they have allowed a tiny group of Mensheviks to rule the state, destroy marriage and tyrannize the people!"

Where to begin with this one. How does letting more people get married "destroy" the institution of marriage? That argument has always confused me. Also, who is terrorizing whom? Last I checked, the Christian fundamentalists were the ones doing the "terrorizing." Or does the gay community not count as people?

In essence, I see his argument as this: homosexuality is different. I don't like things that are different. Thus, I do not like homosexuality. And I use this religious book, that supposedly teaches love and peace, to propagate and justify my hate. Because of a handful of verses, that I am probably misinterpreting.