1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reactions when you came out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Jun 6, 2013.

?

What was people's reaction when you came out?

1. That's all right, I accept you for who you are.

52 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. Eh, whatever. (Indifference)

27 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. That's a very cool story. (Sarcasm)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. You'll find interest into the opposite sex one day.

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Oh, I am that way too!

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Can you stay away from me?

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. What a waste.

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Can we go for a one night stand?

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. (Preaches christian values)

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  10. (Insert rants about homosexual)

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  11. Perhaps, you're just too young to know.

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  12. Can you show us some lesbian/gay sex action?

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  13. Ok, it looks like you're off my list on who to bang on bed tonight.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Well, I hope you're not interested into me.

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  15. Are you gonna ask me out?

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. Oh ok, as long as we don't get political about this.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  17. Oh, I'm shocked to find this out.

24 vote(s)
    34.3%
  18. What a perv.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  19. Are you sure this is who you are?

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  20. Other

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People accepted me but some were shocked.

2. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I came out as trans for the first time to my sister (lesbian) and she was actually pretty excited, lol, and super supportive, so that was awesome. She said that it came as no surprise and that I had always been a girl to her. She also said she and her girlfriend had discussed it, and her girlfriend had actually told her that she was pretty much convinced I was trans way before I came out :\

Neither have fucked up with pronouns much if at all and they now call me by my chosen name :slight_smile: I'm sooo lucky to have a queer sister, you have no idea.

Other people have been like "Oh, OK, I don't really understand, but I support you". I haven't encountered too much negativity, just yet. I KNOW I will for a fact, but I will deal with that when it comes.

3. yidnah87

The only person I've directly come out to so far is my mom. I recall her saying things like:

-"It's good that you're comfortable with that."
    -"I'm sure it is.", in response to me telling her that bisexuality is more common than people realize.
    -"At least you'll have more 'options' when it comes to finding someone."
    -"I just want you to be happy."

:slight_smile:

4. Level75

Yeah, pretty much everyone I've come out to has had a pretty positive response. One person said, "Eh, different strokes for different folks." My cousin and brother said, "So?" My mother said I was her son and she loves me no matter what. My best friend said he was grateful I told him and that it must've been hard to keep it a secret.

Actually, I don't think anybody has reacted badly yet.

#24 Level75, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mom: Are you sure? Perhaps this is just a phase for you? Even if it's not, I won't judge you. But I know some friends who have figured out otherwise later in their life.

Dad: Uh, okay. Even though it's a sin, everybody sins so I don't get what the big deal is.

Female friend 1: OMG THAT'S SOOO COOL! Now I can have you as my gay friend! ^^

Online Female Friend (2): I ship you and your boyfriend. My boyfriend and I at the same time: It's canon.

Ex-girlfriend: Oh, uh yeah... I've always kinda wondered if I was bisexual. Still not sure, though.

Pastor (after me mentioning my boyfriend): What- what do you mean? You mean like...? Oh, ah, okay. Well, how do you find God to have worked that in your life? What do you think God intended with that?... (after awhile...) You know, there's so much hate in the world, especially in churches. If I was in your position where it feels like I'm laying down my whole life story, the last thing I would want is the person I felt like I could trust with this news to start bashing and ranting on me, rejecting who I am. I'm really proud of you for showing your strength to talk about it.

Most of my friends: Uh, okay. Uh, yeah. That's cool. So when are we shooting again? 3 PM at Lofts, right?

6. Level75

Oh right, that reminds me of some of my other friends who were like, "That's cool. Oh btw, events tonight. Make sure to bring a mage job."

7. George

So far I've told 5 people (all of them friends, no family yet). All of their responses have been acceptance of me. One of them is actually gay, and he told me he suspected I was all along. The others seemed more surprised though.

8. Aviale

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did a horrible thing by 'coming out' - which was rather a 'coming out gone wrong' situation or a 'premature coming out'. I quite regret doing it.

So...I 'came out' to my sister. I didn't exactly say that I am gay. I just said that I'm attracted to men and I always were (and not much women). I was very nervous throughout it. I told her a long story about my life and such. She started to cry and she said 'why did you tell me this?'. She got shocked. After her shock waned, she became quite fine and started to smile.

Better? Nope...it was awkward being around her afterwards. She gave me weird and unusual looks, saying "ha, you're gay?!" every time - I felt degraded. It just didn't work out. We didn't start to talk much.:bang: I got heavily frustrated. So, after a few days, I decided to tell her that I'm not actually gay and I was just 'pissed' off or disturbed that night when I came out (I also blamed it on my hormones). She sorta buys it. But I'm glad she's over it.

If I came out, I'll have to wait until when, A) I have a partner, B) at least when she's out of home or C) if my dad isn't living with us.

A) is my first priority. Having a boyfriend can boost your confidence and personality. He can also back you up in these situations. With B) and C), well, family is always around you - you can't stop that.

9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am only out to my relatives and that´s my parents doing actually, I never had to tell anyone as such, it was just a given fact. And when it came to talk about girlfiriends I´d say "no, haven´t met the right guy yet" or something, to remind them.

It´s quite reassuring to see that most reactions were positive or something I could handle. I would like to come out to a friend.
    But I´m still scared that it will spread quickly and affect the buisness of my boss... We depend mostly on the locals to bring their vehicles here, if they stop doing that cause I´m gay, we have a problem.

10. sugarcubeigloo

I've had the following:

That's all right, I accept you for who you are: This is the most common. In fact, this is the usual.
    Eh, whatever. (Indifference): I don't know if its indifference, its more like, "OK, that's fine."
    Oh, I'm shocked to find this out: This is usually paired up with the first one.
    Are you sure this is who you are?: This has happened a couple times. However, they've asked if I'm gay or bisexual. Not if I'm gay or not.

Great poll. Very interesting. :slight_smile: