1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Coming Out as Trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Matto_Corvo, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am about to comeout as Transgender (again) on facebook to my family. I did this once before threeish years ago, and my family took it well. The problem is that I have always had problems talking about things that are important to me. So once I came out I didn't really talk to anyone in my family about it.
    I feel like most have forgotten about it, or have decided I was just confused. They were very accepting when I first came out, and I hope they will be so this time as well.

The reason that I have decided to comeout again is because I recently moved to Portland and have been going by Ryan ever since. I am starting the process of finding a gender therapist and on the path to hormones. I don't want to do any of this with out my family knowing, it was never how I wanted to do this. It has also started growing awkward to make friends in Portland, have them know me as Ryan, but then add them on facebook under my birth name.

I have been thinking that when I come out this time I will be sure to mention that I want to go by Ryan, that I use he/him pronouns, and that I don't want to be called daughter/niece/sister. That his isn't some phase but something that has come up time and again since I was 16, and apart of my move to Portland was so that I could start medically transitioning to that male body person that I feel I should of been from birth.
    I have also been thinking about including a video by Chase Ross to help explain things.