1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by purplepuppy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a sock that keep loose change in, it's become quite heavy and if I was to hit someone around the head with it it would probably knock them out. I was wondering could I get into any trouble for owning this, I live in the UK and we have really tight laws on this. Anyone form the UK happen to know?

2. Jedi

I'm not from the UK so I don't know but if you're worried about it just keep the change in another place or split it between a few different socks.

3. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Well... in the UK it might just be... But if you're keeping it in there for that reason and are worried an alternative that you might be able to get away with is having a bar of soap stored strategically in a pair of socks for your overnight or ditty bag not as heavy, but at the end of a long sock it can be unpleasant. Such were the things of "Sock Parties" or "Blanket Parties" in the military when someone was causing issue in a unit and needed an attitude adjustment.

4. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry I've not been too clear on that, I mean could it be classed as a weapon? I live in a country with really weird laws about that and I was kinda wondering.

5. Loves books

It's a sock I doubt it's classed as a weapon. Also do you plan to hit someone over the head with it.

6. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in the UK as well, unless you assault/threaten someone with it and it's not in self defense, it's perfectly legal to simply be in possession of the sock. This is a list of weapons that it is prohibited to own:
    • Section 5(1)(a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted so that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger, e.g. machine guns, burst fire weapons;
    • Section 5(1)(ab) any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22 rim-fire, e.g. short barrelled rifles;
    • Section 5(1)(aba) any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm in length or is less than 60cm in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a firearm designed as signalling apparatus, e.g. handguns, revolvers;
    • Section 5(1)(ac) any self-loading or pump-action smooth-bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24" in length or is less than 40" in length overall, e.g. self-loading shotguns;
    • Section 5(1)(ad) any smooth-bore revolver gun other than one which is chambered for 9mm rim-fire cartridges or a muzzle-loading gun, e.g. Dragon;
    • Section 5(1)(ae) any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a launcher or mortar designed for line-throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signalling apparatus;
    • Section 5(1)(af) any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses, or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system, e.g. Brococks;
    • Section 5(1)(c) any cartridge with a bullet designed to explode on or immediately before impact, any ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain any such noxious thing as mentioned in section 5(1)(b), and, if capable of being used with a firearm of any description, any grenade, bomb (or other like missile), or rocket or shell designed to explode as aforesaid, e.g. ammunition containing explosive in the bullets or missiles;
    • Section 5(1A)(a) any firearm which is disguised as another object, e.g. pen guns, key fob guns and phone guns.
    It's completely legal to possess any other type of weapon, e.g. penknife, butterfly knife, sword. No license nor registration to own these type of weapons is needed. Bearing this in mind, even if the police randomly raided your house, they would have absolutely no problem with your sock. The only place in which a loaded sock may be counted a serious weapon, is in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

7. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Go to your bank and get some coin bags, they're almost certainly legal and when it comes to using your coins, they're already sorted in specific amounts. Even better if you put those coins into a bank/ savings account.