1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quitting my job Email...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSecret, Dec 6, 2015.

1. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sooo, after a week of my new job I have officially decided to quit. I know, one week is short and quitting so soon is kinda cowardly, but I just don't enjoy it. It plays on all my weaknesses, grunt work and speed. It's produce, and the way they make you stock things is so inefficient. Grab a bunch of random heavy stuff, and see if any of it actually needs to be stocked, which ends up most of the time being one box which causes you to have to put it all back again. Not only that, but they keep saying do it fast, but this isn't a race, no angry crowd is demanding apples, I don't know why you have to put a whole bunch up as fast as you can when it might all tumble out.

Basically, I'm about to write an Email asking the associate manager if we could meet up so we can talk about me quitting (Face-to-face though awkward, I feel will definitely be better than over Email, unless someone proves me otherwise)

What exactly should I say? I was planning on something along the lines of saying I was happy that she let me experience my first job and I'm thankful for it, but after being there for a week I realized I was too overwhelmed and have decided to quit and that we should try and meet up to talk about it.

Does that sound good? Any advice would be great.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Thank-you for this great opportunity to work with you, but after a weeks worth of work I have realized that this job is not for me. If there is any other job that I feel is suitable, I would be willing to continue to work for you. Perhaps we can have a conversation about that.

Thank-you,

[Name]