1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by RedTrekkie95, Jun 17, 2017.

1. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi EC Staff,

I know that you've been extremely busy in recent weeks, and now you are being asked many questions by members about the new forum. You're all lovely people, and I hate adding you an extra load, but the old forum had a feature to display pages without the EC logo.

It is in my interest not to be discovered on the forum as that would cause many unpleasant times for me, which I'm trying to avoid. So, my question is if this option still exists and if yes, where can I find it.

Thanks, RT.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

There isn't anything like that at the moment, and I honestly forgot it was a feature until you reminded me just now. The admins will have to review this and see what we can do to address this type of issue. Fortunately, we have gotten rid of the 'coming out resources' tagline alongside the logo, so the purpose of the site is a bit less obvious to fleeting eyes, but I can appreciate that it doesn't rectify this as closely as the privacy skin did on EC Classic.

One of the things that I've had on the to-do list is a 'panic button' which can be enabled and will follow them around the site. Once clicked, it would immediately redirect the user to a different webpage, such as Google News.

I recall that a couple of users used to use an Adblock on the old notice informing users of contact information being against the rules to post publicly, so perhaps a temporary solution to this could be blocking the logo image, if that works? That may require input from a user who is more tech-minded with adblockers to know if it's achievable here, and how to go about that. :slight_smile:

Martin.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It may not be a forum feature, but you can use Adblock or Ublock Origin or whatever to block the logo from being downloaded and displayed. I know with Ublock all you have to do is right-click on it and select Block element.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This should work. Just make sure you highlight only it or you could end up blocking the entire header or page (you can easily fix it if this happens but you will have to go into ublock page settings)

#4 Humbly Me, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017