1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask Atheists

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thepandaboss, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @mychemromance: that's very disheartening to hear and i am sorry for what you have to go through! Probably I'm just basing my views on what I've seen around me! I only wanted to make it clear that there are established atheists around here ! I know a wide variety of them too ! 'Go with the flow' and taking part in festivals and rituals doesn't make you a theist ! The point is that they don't give much importance to the concept of God itself! Yes they don't feel so passionate about opposing religion! Oh and playing songs aloud isnt propaganda by definition or by intent , its not uncommon for them to play completely irrelavant Bollywood numbers at these occasions ,I'm sure that's not a part of the Bollywood propaganda ! And even if you think it is , it is not as severe as the activities of Jehovah's witnesses and Mormon Church ! There has never been forced conversion or persecution based on religion! Yes those schools accepted Vedas and some accepted bramhan ! But at the time in which they were practiced Vedas weren't what you understand of it today! Vedas are considered to be more of a science rather than a religious text! Furthermore these schools had a different view on what the text meant when it referred to God! The basic fact is that they are still based on epistemology ! Moving on from these groups, charvaka, lokayata and brahaspatya rejected the Vedas too ! They are pretty atheistic don't you think ? The point here is not about how they are relevant to present day atheism! The point is that from cultural and social anthropological view it shows a very inclusive nature of the society! Furthermore it shows the tone of apostasy or a lack of anything severe in the name of apostasy within hinduism! And apostasy is the driving force for oppression and opposition of atheists!