1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for FtMs

Discussion in 'Anonymous Gender Identity and Expression' started by Anonymous, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Anonymous

I'm trans but I'm only fourteen, I do want to transition in the (hopefully near) future but there's some things that I don't understand. When you take testosterone, is it like male puberty? I know that it won't be exactly the same as being AMAB but is it almost the same? Also does your voice break on testosterone? I really want this to happen but does your throat feel weird when it happens or does it feel the same?*Also where I live all the gender clinics are in capital cities and I don't live in one, can I still get hormones in my town or do I have to move to a city with a clinic? And my last question was, is metoidioplasty or phalloplasty better because I really don't know which one I want :help:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I myself haven't taken T, but from my understanding it's basically a male puberty. Your voice does break and get deeper. Remember though, everyone gets different results from hormones, a lot of it depends on genetics. I don't think either metoidioplasty or phalloplasty is really better than the other, it all depends on what you personally want. You should research the differences between the procedures and see which one would be better for you.

3. Anonymous

Meta means you'll have a tiny wsenie. Phallo puts an ED device in so that when erect you'll have a regular sized penis.
    You're voice may break but I can't say for sure as it is different for everyone. Some people have taken T and found that it does nothing for their voice
    It is very much like a male puberty including a higher sex drive.

T comes with its health risk as well. Men do not live as lo get as women and are at a higher risk of bad cholesterol and heart attack.
    You have to be 16 with parent premission to start T.

4. Daydreamer1

Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HRT is basically going through a second puberty. For us transguys, stuff to expect is increased energy, increased appetite, changes in body hair, voice changes, fat redistribution and muscle gain. So yeah, your voice will start cracking at some point. In my experience, it feels like an itchy or scratchy feeling in the back of my throat and sometimes I feel a bit hoarse. It's nothing painful though. How you experience things is a case by case basis and your mileage is going to vary.

With obtaining hormones, a gender therapist should be able to refer you to an endocrinologist that's likely in your area. I recommend checking out google to see if there are local gender therapists that you might be overlooking. I would say you could check in with your doctor to see if they have any advice to give as well, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to get T from them. For me, I come from a smaller city that has little to no trans resources. I did find a local therapist, but I went to Philadelphia to obtain my hormones.

With bottom surgery, it depends on what you want. I know people who went for phallo and they love it, and people who went for meta and they also feel the same way. Do research (and by that I mean careful and extensive research because there is a lot of misinformation out there) and think things over. You got a lot of time on your hands, so don't rush into things.

For information on bottom surgery, I recommend checking out two people (well three). The first is Chase (uppercaseCHASE1) on youtube, who does a lot of informative videos on trans resources. The second is Skylar (gendercube) on tumblr who also provides helpful information. The third is ftmsextalk on tumblr, a blog that Chase and Skylar run that provides helpful sex friendly information. I'm sure they can also be helpful with bottom surgery related info. Chase also has two tumblr accounts, but I don't remember them both off the top of my head.

5. Anonymous

OP

Thank you all for your replies, they helped a lot :grin: I will do more research on bottom surgery and if anyone would like to add anything you're welcome to :slight_smile:

6. Daydreamer1

Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :grin: