1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by plant, Jul 25, 2016.

1. plant

I'll try my best to make sense, but I make no promises.

I've been questioning my gender for about 2 years now. Eventually it just kind of became overwhelming, so I cut 10+ inches of my hair off so I could see if I was more comfortable with a more masculine gender expression (not saying that everyone with short hair is masculine, it just made me feel that way). I decided to grow it out a year after having it cut. Since then, I've been feeling a lot more feminine and my desire to wear make up / dresses / stereotypical feminine clothing has increased. I understand that labels can become problems for some people and the ones I have tried haven't really seemed to fit. When I came out as a lesbian, I felt like that label completely described me. Obviously if I choose a different label other than female, I might have to change that. But anyways, I've toyed with genderqueer and nonbinary as a general term. Whenever I see guys I kind of get a surge of jealousy, like I wish I was them in a way?

idk, tt would be cool if anyone had any advice for me as to what to do. I would also be open to hearing about other people's gender experiences so I can learn from them.