1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Gender Identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MagicPanda, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. MagicPanda

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so growing up I was raised to think there were only two genders and you didn't get to choose which one you were it was just assigned to you at birth. After coming out as bisexual to my family, they were very supportive, I started to think more about gender. What makes someone a man or a woman? How do you know which one you are?

I've just always assumed I was a girl because that's what I was assigned at birth. I never really gave much thought to it, even though growing up I never really felt like I was like other girls. I've never liked the same things, I've always gotten along better with guys, and while I haven't felt dysphoria about my body I do sometimes wonder what it would be like if I was born a guy instead. Maybe I haven't felt dysphoria because I kind of look like a guy, I mean I have virtually no chest or butt and strangers often think I'm a dude. Do you have to have dysphoria to identify as a gender other than the one assigned at birth?

As far as pronouns go being called she/her doesn't bother me, same goes for he/him and they/them so I'm really confused. It feels good to be called all of those pronouns so what does that say about my gender identity? I think part of the problem is I don't really know what genders there are other than male, female, and non-binary.

I mean I don't really feel like I identify with the aspects of being a woman like most other females do, while on that note what even are they, I've always been a bit of a tomboy which after realizing I was bisexual I just chalked it up to that. But at the same time I don't feel like I am a man either, although I can relate to them a lot more. So idk do I sound non-binary? Or is there some other gender identity out there that I don't know of that sounds like me?

Also I don't think I'd ever change my body, regardless of my gender identity, I'm actually fairly happy with it. I mean if I woke up tomorrow and had a penis I wouldn't mind that, but I don't feel the need to use a binder etc.

A lot of my girlfriend's friends said to her that they think I'm like a guy and that I'll probably change genders at some point, which is actually what got me to think about what gender I identify with, since I'd never really thought about it.

Anyways hopefully some of you lovely people can help me out here.

2. Inlife88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it depends on gentrics. I have a friend in San Antonio that is a female, but she thinks just like a guy, when it comes to sex, she likes the feeling more than the mental space. On another note, there is Bailey Jay. She was born a man, but has very feminine features, and the only plastic surgery she had was her breast implants. All through school people thought she was a woman and after a while accepted it and stopped correcting people. I do believe sex is on a spectrum, but you have to figure out where you are on the spectrum and make it work for you.

MagicPanda likes this.