1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for people who know about products from Apple?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thexboxguy, Mar 17, 2019.

1. thexboxguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi guys, yesterday I bought an iPod nano but I suspect I may have bought a clone instead of a genuine one. One of the reasons is because the Icons on the sticker that covers the screen have different colors to the other ones of the same model I've seen before in stores.

How to know if the one I bought is a genuine one from apple?

I haven't opened it due to the fact that I've been busy today and I'll probably open it tomorrow when I get off work.

Below I'll post two pictures of my iPod taken by my cell phone.

https://communities.apple.com/es/content/attachment/b113b54a-24e8-4181-885b-66a310f09321

https://communities.apple.com/es/content/attachment/ae819c95-2c1d-4bf3-8e05-7db8d47bbe9d

As you can see in the pictures, the colors of the icons on the sticker that covers the screen of my iPod are different to the one in the picture I'll post below.

https://communities.apple.com/es/content/attachment/faee2b3c-60fd-40b7-b898-2b39ef84b8f3

The colors of the iPod's icons shown In the picture above are different to those found in mine.

How come?

I apologize for my ignorance/inexperience. It's the first time I buy an iPod, actually, this is the first time I buy a product form Apple. Also one of the reasons I ask this questions is because a friend of mine got swindled, so I wouldn't want the same to happen to me. I don't know where he bought it but his was a clone one that's not from Apple.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if my english isn't good enough. It's my second language and I don't know how many grammatical mistakes I've made, though.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where did you buy it and for which price? I don't know much about Ipod but it does look like it might be a copy instead of an actual Apple product.

3. thexboxguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I bought it at Coppel, it's a known departamental store here in Mexico.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say for sure, but from the looks of things, it seems near certain that it's a clone. What you might do is get the serial number off the box (all Apple products I've seen have a sticker with serial and model numbers on the box) and call Apple support and ask them if the serial number matches.

Assuming it came in a box that looks like an official Apple box, you may also want to report this to Apple; they are generally very interested in stores, especially well-known chain stores, that are selling counterfeit items.