1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about body hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Str8tLAboy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Str8tLAboy

Str8tLAboy Guest

Is there a product or a way to permanently remove body hair. I know that most people would say laser or waxing but I am curious to know if there are any other ways that have permanent results.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shaving (or trimming) is the easiest and quickest but it comes back in the fastest.

Waxing is tougher (and more painful), but it does a more thorough job, and it does take longer to come back in. It isn't permanent, however.

Laser treatments are permanent, but obviously a lot more expensive, and something you can't do on your own.

Lex

3. eofox

I haven't really heard anything about it... but has anyone used Nair? I keep hearing that it can cause chemical burns, but assuming I carefully tested it beforehand, how well does it work?

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried it on my upper chest area and I'm not a big fan. The hair grows back about as fast as when I shave, and it's really easy to miss a spot depending on how evenly I put it on. Usually I'll end up going back and shaving the parts that it missed, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Also, there are parts of the body that you can shave or wax but shouldn't use Nair on, so that's something to consider as well.

5. apostrophied

If it melts off your hair, I could easily see how it would melt off more than just the hair... Not to mention it's full of other chemicals, including fragrances,etc. I'd say stick with a 4-blade razor and a big bar of goopy natural olive oil soap, that's the best for hair removal that doesn't cost a fortune and/or hurt like heck. I can't imagine waxing would be pleasant, and laser isn't exactly pain-free, either...

6. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

electrolysis, which is actually more permanent than laser hair removal, and less expensive, but still cannot be done on your own. There are products that you can buy from home use, but they suck.

Honestly, hair can be attractive. You may regret taking it all off later in life. Maybe give it a few years to consider, and keep shaving.

7. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not showing up with a girlfirend will reise an eybrow at home.... shaving all your body hair will raise two...

Not to reinforce a steretoype,but it will happen.