1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS Vita

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sebby45, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone,

I was thinking about eventually getting a PS Vita, but I heard that they are not being updated anymore. Is it worth getting one for casual gaming? (I'm not a huge gamer...hence the question. Lol.) Is there a better alternative? I would like to play games like Stein;s Gate and Chaos Child which are both PS Vita titles. Also are physical game copies better than downloads in terms of memory cards? (Which I understand are god awful expensive.)

Any thoughts would be welcome!

#1 Sebby45, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Vita in the west is on its last legs tbh stardew valley is a great game that's just been released on the psn. I think games are still trickling on to the system but mainly re-releases from Japan.

Personally I love it for psone classics on the go! Ff7 8 and 9 portable what more do u want!

Memory cards are expensive or well they used to be anyhow. Think that is what the biggest stumbling block was for the vita

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the feedback!

4. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you like Japanese games or indie games then the vita is great! If you like more high budget AAA games then you'll end up being sorrowfully disappointed. I love the vita personally mainly because I love playing games like Steins;Gate (I actually just got Robotics;Notes Elite in the mail today but it's unfortunately Japanese only). In terms of memory card space, physical will get you much further than digital but I would suggest getting at least either an 8 or a 16 GB one even though they're a bit more expensive. Also they're going to stop manufacturing new vita cartridges in the west so if you want physical, get them while you still can (which is why I suggested going at least mid-range on the memory cards).

5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't know about the physical memory cards being discontinued. I liked the idea of playing Japanese games, which was the appeal of the Vita. Thanks man. :slight_smile:

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a bit of clarity, it's the game cartridges themselves that are getting discontinued (forgot to mention it'll be around march of next year when they get discontinued), not the memory cards.Glad to help!

7. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, ok. Got it!