1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud of Myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rebelAssassin, Feb 21, 2017.

1. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last night, after my best friend accompanied my family on a day trip to the state capital, I finally gathered the courage to tell her I may be trans. After she had left (to spend the night at another friend's house) I puzzled for two and a half hours over how to subtly hint at it. I finally came up with the not-so-subtle 'how would you feel if one of your friends was trans?' She responded some 20 minutes later with a list of her transgender friends (several of whom are my friends as well) and the assertion that she wouldn't really care. I replied with 'you have no idea how hard my heart is beating right now,' because I assumed she understood what I was trying to say. Apparently she didn't, because she advised me to take a nap. After I responded 'of course that's your advice,' she clicked with it. She sent me a text that said something along the lines of 'wait, are you trying to tell me you're a guy?" I was laughing as I explained my situation to her and asked her not to tell our church group. She said she wouldn't tell anyone, and then offered to inquire with her friend A to see if he had any old binders he didn't need anymore. Not a whole big spectacle, but I felt the need to share. I love my friend so much, and I hope that everyone who reads this looking for advice has as easy of a time coming out to their friends as I did with her.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey rebelAssassin,

Thanks for sharing your story with us! Apparently, you have a really good friend! :slight_smile:

3. Kye

Kye

Yay rebel! :grin:
    It's wonderful to hear that you have such a supportive friend :slight_smile: xx

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to read your news. You have a good friend. :slight_smile: