1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Runway

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by suburbs_of_sodom, Sep 13, 2006.

1. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    So pretty much Out TV calls Project Runway "possibly the gayest thing ever" and quite frankly, I agree. So I was just wondering if anyone else here was into it.

Personally I'm rooting for Kayne, though I have a feeling that he might get kicked off tonight or next wednesday, and if he does then I'm rooting for Michael.

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not watch any "reality" TV, especially the ones that seem to thrive on humiliating and embarrassing people, like American Idol and America's Next Top Model. I did, to be fair, give them a try but after a (very short) while it just became unendurable. Either the contestants were nice and got attacked or they were complete assholes and got ahead. Either way, just... icky.

3. step49x

I've actually hardly watched any TV for a while. And so far, I'm really not missing it.

4. tired_of_lying411

I LOVE PROJECT RUNWAY! but its on at a weird time now so i cant watch it right now. luckily there is a station that airs it all over again, and then a marathon at the end so i should get to see it

I watch seasons 1 and 2 and loved them!

5. suburbs_of_sodom

Yeah, here Bravo shows it...and marathons of it pretty much every day, it's pretty amazing. Bravo's also pretty awesome because it's pretty much the unspoken gay channel of basic cable...and not-so-coincidentally affiliated with outzone tv...

But yeah, Daniel SOOO should have won season 2...much of Chloe's collection looked like fluffy couches...I mean, she's a good designer, just Daniel definitely should've won, and Nick should've made it to the final 3...oh well, what can you do?

6. tired_of_lying411

yesyesyes! GO DANIEL! we love you

chloe already HAS a store, and shes probably rich already. her final stuff was kinda ugly. I hate how the end show is so much more "fashion-ie" than the competition. The challenge creations are more practical, much nicer.

7. suburbs_of_sodom

I KNOW!! And she really didn't want it too, which makes me annoyed...but everyone thinks Daniel won so I guess it doesn't really matter 'cause he's definitely getting the most press...

And yeah, I'm really not a big fan of "high-fashion" because you see it come down the runway and think "who actually wears that?" but the garments in the competition are usually ones that you might see someone wear and think "wow, they're nicely put together" (unless it's Angela -from season 3- but I won't even start with her). And it's fun to see what the producers will come up with for the next challenge. They've done some really cool ones on season 3, but I think my favorite of season 2 was the garden dress one, I thought that was really cool.