1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with reading successful coming out stories

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kayla123, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Kayla123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so, the title is really long because i didnt know what to name it, but basically, i come across successful coming out stories on accident or out of curiosity of what could have happened, some quick backround, my parents went through my phone and found out i was trans, my dad says the devil is in my head and my mom is really iffy about it because she doesnt want a divorce and money is tight and all, back to the topic, i wasnt able to come out willingly when i felt the time was right, and whenever i read one of these stories, i read them cause i want to feel good for the person and feel how they felt in their shoes, but, in the end, i put down my phone, remember who i am and the place im in, and realize, i cant have that, i never will, and i get so depressed. i dont know what to do, i just wish i could either be able to go back and do it when i felt it was time or i could have just been born correctly. i cant have the experiences normal girls have growing up, and i cant have the experiences parent supported mtf girls have growing up and transitioning. but wishing doesnt help, i just imagine being like either of those and then go back to knowing how it really is, i just, i dont know how to get over this feeling of never being able to come out by using my own strength...

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand this. I avoided the coming out stories forum for a long time because of this. If it makes you feel any better, it could be worse... I thought I was going to be murdered when I came out accidentally (like, someone credible in my family literally threatened to have me shot in the head).

I think the main thing to remember is that yea it sucks and it would have been nice to do it on our own terms, but the past is the past, and it's what we do with our lives going forward that matters more. It's still an accomplishment to come out to people, even if it was by accident and even if they didn't react well to it.

3. Kayla123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im sorry about what happened with you... i wish you the best of luck. so, i understand what youre saying, i want to feel that way, but for some reason, i cant, there are people in my school who are my friends and i see them progressing greatly in their transitioning, like, one of them completely looks and sounds like a cis male, and im really proud of them, but i look at how im still just sitting here, moving nowhere, and my happiness for them turns to envy, and i dont want to feel lilke that, but it just happens, i cant stop it and dont know how to start moving somewhere that i wont feel this way...

4. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, completely understand where you're coming from. It can be hard when you read those stories, you're happy that it's working out for some people, but it's hard to take that it's not going so well for you.

One thing that I try to keep in mind is that a lot of people here haven't had a an easy road coming out either. But eventually they did it. Eventually things worked out. And that's what we can hope for. It might not be a great coming out story, but eventually things can be great!