1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably a long shot...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randy, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This will probably be a long shot...but who here are Eagle Scouts or currently in Boy Scouts? I know the whole dielema (sp?) with "out" people in boy scouts but the thing is I was never "out" preceding my 18th birthday so I never was or I never put two and two together until AFTER I turned 18. I don't want to be the only Eagle Scout or Boy Scout on here (although I probably will be).

2. Gallatin

Eagle Scout here. :slight_smile:

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :grin: When'd ya receive yours, what was your project? For me, I received mine May 2010 and I prettied up my school's serenity garden by planting shrubs, plants etc. cleaning up brush, and putting in a bench :slight_smile: The Trail to Eagle was especially hard for me because of my Cerebral Palsy but it's all worth it :slight_smile:

4. Gallatin

Nice. I worked on a few projects similar to that. I bet it looked great at the end.

My project was a supply drive for my local SPCA. I collected hundreds of towels from several neighborhoods, as well as a ton of cleaning supplies from a fundraiser (or I guess supply-raiser in this case haha) I did at my grocery store. I received it in June 2010, though my ceremony wasn't for another several months.

I'm sure it wasn't easy, but it gives you even more reason to be proud of your hard work and accomplishments. And yes, it's all worth it (even though it may not seem that way when you're working through a mountain of paperwork!). :slight_smile: