1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride and Prejudice *Book*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Davey, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Davey

:eek:​
    I can't believe I'm actually reading this book. I vowed I would never read Jane Austen but then our english class has to read Pride and Prejudice. I was just going to PinkMonkey (CliffNote) the whole book but I started reading it in class because we had to. It was a little confusing at first and the dialogue throw me off a few times but not that I actually got into it (currently on chapter 37) I'm glad I decided to read. There is just something about this story that keeps me reading. I haven't seen the 2005 movie yet but plan to after I finish the book. We are watching a 1995 British version that is kind of boring along with reading.

2. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i loved the book and the movie :slight_smile: i prefer the movie more but the book is just as good.

3. I didn't like Pride and Prejudice. I adore Jane Austen and I thought it was one of her worse books.

4. Davey

i've never read any of Jane's other novels. Like I stated before I had vowed to avoid them but I might take time in the future to read some of her others.

5. TheRoof

this book is definitely my one of the favorites.
    the movie is really good (keira <3) too. im sure you'll enjoy it :slight_smile:

6. I have this book, I was supposed to read it for my literature class................but damn, this book stinks.
    I don't like it at all. I haven't seen the movie either but I've seen parts and I did however like the movie.
    Maybe one day I'll make it past the first chapter of the book......but I don't see that happening any time soon.

P.S. What's the deal with insomnia, it's 5:17am and I'm not tired. :frowning2:
    Actually I just yawned, maybe his is my chance!
    Too bad going to bed now will destroy my Saturday.