1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview post and quoting

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by mnguy, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is there a way to preview a post like the old system? I found this useful especially when quoting another post to make sure it was formatted right.

Edit, oh I just saw the preview button when making this new post, but didn't see it when replying to existing thread.

The quote function seems a little odd now, but I got it to work. Is there a tutorial on how to use the quote function?

Thanks!

#1 mnguy, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

By default, replies are going into the 'quick reply' box which has the 'Post Reply', 'Upload a File' and 'More Options...' boxes. If you select more options, it will take you to a more comprehensive posting page, of which one of the options is previewing the content. :slight_smile:

The quote button is quite deceptive, as it is actually a 'quote builder' which allows you to quote multiple posts without needing to do all the hard formatting work yourself. To quote/reply to a single person, you just need to click the reply button. :slight_smile:

If you want to reply to multiple people, simply press quote on all those posts and you'll notice the quick reply box at the bottom then has a 'insert quotes' option appear on the bottom left-hand side.This will allow you to review the quotes you're adding, and then you can type in your replies within that automatically generated quote structure. :slight_smile:

I appreciate it's a bit of a learning curve, but luckily once you've done it for the first couple of times it's something that does appear to stick in the mind afterwards. :slight_smile:

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks again for the quick feedback! I tried that "More options" button and it went to an error page the first time I tried it so it seemed like it wasn't a used function, but then after posting I tried it again and it worked as you described. I also just saw the "reply" button and that's what I would usually use looks like. Sorry, I should have played around more before posting the thread.

Another HUGE question just came to me. Where is the dancing banana?!?! This won't cut it :banana: lol :wink: