1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News President Trump to Speak at an Anti-LGBT Conference This Weekend

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Observing Family Research Council activities such as the program is very interesting. It's interesting from the stand point that one (me) gets to observe hate and ignorance and intolerance. My feeling is, given the current acceptance of LGBT people in America now days, the conference makes Family Research Council look like asses.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how anti-LGBT trump actually is since I think most of his actions like this, his cabinet and judicial nominees and other stuff is directed by others, pence for sure. I don't like him at all and am not defending what he's doing, but I bet anything these actions are not his own creation. The puppeteers sell him on how these moves will please the base and reinforce his popularity with them. He likes to get cheers from big crowds. He's so ego driven and those pulling the strings know how to work him to get what they want done. He cares more about being famous and will do whatever he thinks is best for him.

The gop will keep using anti-LGBT issues until they no longer have enough support to win elections. It's so disgusting they support our discrimination and real harm in order to get elected to keep making the rich/corporations more powerful and leave most people behind. That's exactly what the gop did with us and abortion. They use these issues to divide and get elected even though their policies hurt most people voting for them. It's sad so many people don't see this or don't care. The politicians could flat out tell them this, but as long as they'll try to stop abortions and LGBT equality they'll vote for them anyway.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LMAO!!!

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell me about it.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to see the LGBTQ community defend this deplorable fuck. Please show me proof how this illiterate, cheeto looking fascist gives a fuck about you.

7. DoriaN

8. Zakku

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its the Value Voters Summit and its not an Anti-LGBT event. It is an event for American conservative activists and for elected officials around the USA.

#28 Zakku, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  9. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If it's not an Anti-LGBT event then why were everyone given a pamphlet describing homosexuality as a health hazard?

[​IMG]

Also why are so many Anti-LGBT speakers present?

1. Michelle Bahmann - attempted to pass law in Arizona to discriminate against gay people.

2. Vicky Hartzler - compared trans people to terrorists.
    ¨At a time when we should be focusing on the threats from North Korea, and Putin, and ISIS, we´re having to deal with a threat here at home - a domestic thread - of allowing transgenders in our service.¨

3. Alveda King - compared marriage equality to genocide.

4. Roy Moore - believes homosexuality should be illegal. Thinks gay people are responsible for September 11.

5. Phil Robertson - compared homosexuality to bestiality.

6. Peter Spring - believes homosexuality should illegal. Suggested the United States should ¨export homosexuals¨.

7. Mat Staver - described LGBTQ hate crime protections as part of the ¨radical homosexual anarchist agenda.¨

8. Tony Perkins - compared homosexuality to mass murderers.

#29 KyleD, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Zakku

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

8 Speakers out of the 59 total? But I do guess a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch...

And about the Pamphlet, its stating health hazards (NOTICE THE "S") of Homosexuality, not deliberately calling homosexuality a health hazard

#30 Zakku, Oct 23, 2017
  11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This seems unproductive. What is the point? I'm certain that I can find "offensive" speakers at previous Obama occasions. As @Zakku said, this rally that you're talking about was NOT about being anti-LGBT. It was about Conservative and general Christian values. Do some of those values conflict with the LGBTQ community? For sure. And we should feel sorry for those people who can't open up their "Christian" hearts to feel the love that Christ proclaimed for ALL people. But, this Conference wasn't about being anti-LGBTQ. Please remove your rose-colored-glasses and chill.

12. Lukecetion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well. The man is allowed to believe what ever he wants, and he is able to try and pass every single law he wishes. The thing is, so few people in congress support him and there are more that support rights for homosexuals than there isn't. Otherwise Obama would never have passed a law for the better of it. On top of that, Obama wasn't exactly pro-gay prior to becoming president. Whenever or not he changed his mind or simply did it to earn respect from the people isn't known and will never be known. Though Trump at least holds his views as they were before he became the President.

He was a racist, homophobic, slightly unstable control freak and he remains that. At least everyone knows where they stand with him, so that is a positive for him. That being said, him talking on a conference like this isn't a huge thing. Because, as I said earlier. Most of congress don't follow him, nor like him therefore most of them won't be affected by it. Without them, the amount of laws and what kind of laws Trump can alter and pass is severely limited.

13. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is pure innuendo. Trump is a practical, mostly unempathic businessman. Yes, he has definitely proven to be an unstable control freak in both his business life and now his political life. So what? You deal with the cards that you draw in life.

14. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You just have to go and look on their website and read it. The Values Voters Summit was created to ¨preserve the bedrock values of traditional marriage¨ which is between one man and a woman. If you don't believe me then you can read it for yourself. It's on their website.

#34 KyleD, Oct 23, 2017
  15. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol.

16. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @KyleD, I think you're missing the point. The conference was not intended to be anti-LGBTQ. Certainly there were promoters and participants who have an anti-LGBTQ bias, but this wasn't a "hate" rally by any means and for you to try to portray it as such is simply ingenuous in my opinion.

#36 Quantumreality, Oct 23, 2017
  17. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It says on their website that the conference was created to ¨preserve the bedrock values of traditional marriage¨ which is between one man and one woman. Hence the giving out of the pamphlet ¨The Health Hazards of Homosexuality.¨ The main sponsor of the event is the Family Research Council which is an Anti-LGBT organization. I think you need to open your eyes. No one is saying it is a hate rally but that is an Anti-LGBT event.

#37 KyleD, Oct 23, 2017
  18. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    For a President who claims to be for gays he should have never spoken at that event.

#38 KyleD, Oct 23, 2017
  19. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trump never said that he was "for Gays." He has been and continues to be quite neutral/moderate when it comes to most LGBTQ issues. @KyleD you are creating a false narrative for someone that you personally hate.

#39 Quantumreality, Oct 23, 2017
  20. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What false narrative am I creating? Also, no I don't hate Trump. However when did this become about me? Why are you so sensitive to criticism against Trump? My criticisms are absolutely valid.

#40 KyleD, Oct 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.