1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Preacher with TV show dies from snake bite

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Feb 16, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

Was it mean when I laughed when I first saw this a couple of days ago on CNN? :lol:

2. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The article stated he died within two hours and that it was a rattlesnake bite. Two hours is not unheard of from a rattlesnake bite, especially if he didn't seek medical attention. The article also stated that he said he's been bitten seven times. Seven injections isn't enough to form a tolerance to snake venom and I've never heard someone being sensitized to it. Him losing a finger could be due to multiple reasons depending on what kind of snake bit him.

Funny that y'all brought up bee stings because bee venom is sort of the exact opposite of viper venom. Bee venom is called apitoxin, which acts like an anticoagulant, while viper venom is called hemotoxin, which makes the blood clot. Here's a video of what viper venom does to blood, it's really fascinating.

3. willycubed28

I just have to say that I am deathly afraid of snakes. No one would ever see me going into a church that handles snakes. I can't even watch them on tv

4. DoriaN

God made a promise, Daddy does good on His promises.

Unfortunately this is a problem with a lot of false or misled Christians these days.
    They forgot the other verses, the context, and even the rhyme and reason.

Do not test the Lord thy God, so then picking up snakes and putting oneself deliberately in danger is breaking that. Think about it, if God says He will help you in your time of need, but then you constantly and purposely put yourself into harm, would a good parent let their child act foolish or would they be punished?

"A man was trapped in his house during a flood. He began praying to God to rescue him. He had a vision in his head of God’s hand reaching down from heaven and lifting him to safety. The water started to rise in his house. His neighbour urged him to leave and offered him a ride to safety. The man yelled back, “I am waiting for God to save me.” The neighbour drove off in his pick-up truck.

The man continued to pray and hold on to his vision. As the water began rising in his house, he had to climb up to the roof. A boat came by with some people heading for safe ground. They yelled at the man to grab a rope they were ready to throw and take him to safety. He told them that he was waiting for God to save him. They shook their heads and moved on.

The man continued to pray, believing with all his heart that he would be saved by God. The flood waters continued to rise. A helicopter flew by and a voice came over a loudspeaker offering to lower a ladder and take him off the roof. The man waved the helicopter away, shouting back that he was waiting for God to save him. The helicopter left. The flooding water came over the roof and caught him up and swept him away. He drowned.

When he reached heaven and asked, “God, why did you not save me? I believed in you with all my heart. Why did you let me drown?” God replied, “I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat and a helicopter and you refused all of them. What else could I possibly do for you?”

People get blinded, and lose discernment. It's really sad, if only people would take a second to examine themselves and the situation and to actually 'listen', rather than boast or exalt themselves.

5. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In some of the pit viper family there is also a neurotoxin present. The Mojave Green rattlesnake is the one that sticks out in my memory. Nasty stuff.