1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pre everything trans guy playing sports

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cosm1cNova, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Cosm1cNova

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey, im pre everything (binder, haircut etc etc.) and i wanna join a tennis club during the summer, but it means meeting new people while looking like a female, my mum calling me by the incorrect name and pronouns and other people are gonna start calling me that too, and people calling me fat and taunting me with my real name and pronouns when i lose or to put me off. i just want to join tennis clubs again and not look like a female when i do it. any advice?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wear the trousers, I have never seen any women wear them when it comes to tennis. Don't tell them that being misgendered bothers you, it will only influence them to do it more. Perhaps go without your mum. Could you be open about being transmale and maybe they would read you as male even if you otherwise look female (because some people switch it automatically in their brains)?

3. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cutting your hair helps you pass exponentially

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a way you can go without the aid of your mother? That may be the best choice.
    As for appearance:
    Like secrets mentioned, wear the trousers. Also, the hair is a big deal. If you can get it cut to a more masculine style, it can really help, if not, tie it in a "man bun" and/or wear something like a baseball cap and hide your hair in it. I don't know your chest size, but if the chesticles are noticeable - try layering a bit, rather it's a tank top underneath a shirt.. or two sports bras.Sadly.. I have little knowledge in the binding department, but if you can find a way to buy a binder, do it. Just don't buy a binder too small or you'll risk damaging your ribs and constricting your breathing.
    Other than that, try having the body language of a dude too. Walk with your feet outwards a bit; girls tend to walk more with their hips swaying and/or feet going inwards. Also, try to have more aloof, but straight up kind of posture: draw your shoulders out, stand up straighter and try walking with your hands spread out more wide (another trait I notice with females is it is most likely they close their hands and curl their fingers inward. Men tend to have to hands more spread out, plus making your hands look wider can help make them look more masculine if they're small). Try half closing your eyes too; girls eyes normally appear larger than males so if you can make yours look smaller, it adds masuclinity.

Now besides all these tips, if someone still asks, be open to them if they seem reasonable. It is best to be as comfortable in groups as possible, and if it means all or at least one or some people may realize your trans, then so be it. they could possibly become potential best friends.