1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential Server Issue: Posting Problems

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

To keep everyone in the loop: We installed a security patch this morning which, in turn, broke image display. That issue is now being fixed, along with repairs to the database that will hopefully fix the inability to post problem. More info as we have it.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everybody,

It looks like we're pretty much up and running again following the latest batch of maintenance and security patch updates.

We're aware that the My Moods image is still not displaying and are working on that for the time being. This should be fixed now.

If you spot anything else, please report it in this thread straight away. :slight_smile: Additionally, if the database errors make a return at any point, please let us know by filling out the info requested in the original post!

Sorry once again for the inconvenience. It's all a bit trial and error-y to get everything back on track, so these hiccups are sadly going to pop up.

Martin.

3. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

What you were trying to post:

New thread

Where you tried posting it:

Chit Chat

What the error message said:

Database error
    The Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the emptyclosets.com home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    The emptyclosets.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

How long you have been experiencing the error:

Since Yesterday :frowning2:

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

Is this something that only appears to be affecting you in Chit Chat, or are you unable to post any new threads across the site?

If you've not tried, feel free to pop up a couple of test threads within different forums and see what success you have there. The staff team can easily delete them if they do post.

If you could try posting a new thread in a couple of different forums and let us know how that goes then t'would be mucho appreciated. :slight_smile:

Martin.

5. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi Martin :slight_smile:

Something funny happened.

First, I tried to post thread in Chit-chat but got the same data error message again.

Then, I tried posting on all the other threads but they worked.

And I tried on chit-chat again and it worked miraculously. :slight_smile:

So sry for the test threads, I titled them as 'Hi'.