1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential Relationship - Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Browncoat, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all, just looking to bounce something off folks, for lack of a psychotherapist, lol. I guess it's technically not a LGBTQ+ thing, since I am at least male sexed and the person I'm asking about is female. But, I always value the advice you guys give and this place tends to be my go-to for relationship q's and whatnot...Hopefully this doesn't turn into a ramble.

So, I just got back from a Spring Break trip to Las Vegas. The very first night I was there I was in a random club with my friends. As much as I like Vegas I'm not great with clubs. I am the quintessential wallflower. Anyway, at one point a woman who was also shying away from things came up and started asking me about my tattoos. Then we kept talking, and talking about random various things, really clicking for some reason...and well, long story short, we basically ended up spending the majority of my vacation from that point on together, bedroom and otherwise...

The weird thing is, in the end I feel like we don't even have that much in common. Not a huge amount of overlapping media preferences, very different musical preferences, very different politics.. I guess the key things would be a general interest in intellectual conversation and being loners. Furthermore, another thing I don't get is frankly I think she is out of my league, looks wise. I would, objectively speaking, call myself maybe a 3, and her like...7 at the very least. But we just...clicked, for some reason. I don't know why but there was chemistry. And after Vegas she now wants to meet up with me during the summer, maybe earlier at a good halfway point between us...

I guess what has me worried, with those 2 things, not having a lot in common and the disparity in looks, like...am I being played, or something? Is this actually for real? Am I going to meet up in summer and get drugged and robbed or something? Idk, I want so desperately for it to be true, because I would be so very lucky for that to be the case, but...it feels too good to be true.

But, idk, maybe it was just an emotional whirlwind thing for her. I'm not getting my hopes up in any case. I've been hurt too many times to do that. For all I know she'll starting distancing asap. I hope not, but...*sigh*

Anyway, probably did turn into a ramble. Thank you in advance for any thoughts, comments. And if I don't get any, well, at least I got to vent.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot to mention, there's no telltale signs of her trying to use me for anything. Didn't ask for money (generally refused to let me pay for most things, actually), didn't ask for a plane ticket, a place to live, ask me to sweet her off her feet and take her home with me, etc. Unless I'm missing some sort of red flag it really does come down a general feeling on my part that this is too good to be true.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pardon me for asking, but if you've already "done the deed", wouldn't that disprove of her being out of your league?

If it was a one off thing, why not take it for what it is?

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, that's part of what's giving me the "too good to be true" feeling...you're right though, it's probably mostly paranoia on my part.

As to the one off thing, I assume you mean if she breaks off plans to meet up and it becomes that? Yeah, I guess I'll have to, if that's what happens.

5. Solita

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It sounds like she felt comfortable and safe with you and like you had a really lovely few days together.

You said that you don't feel you have much in common...if that's so, I'm not sure you would be happy if this ended up being something 'real' (?)