1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posts not working?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Lynz, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya!

For the last few days, when I have been replyinh to posts (usually quite long heehee), when I go to hit post after I finish typing it out, the website seems to not let me? And my post is lost. I'm not sure if it is the forum having problems or if it me?

The pages comes up saying "database error" then I have to wait for like 30 mins before I can get on again.

It's getting annoying, because I spend a lot of time thinking and typing out the post to help someone, then the post doesn't work!!!

Thankssss :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have database backups twice a day at noon and midnight Eastern time. Each takes about 45 mins, and during that time, it is near impossible to post new messages.

If your problems are occurring during those times, that is why.

If iti is consistently recurring outside of those times, please detail exactly what you are doing, on which threads, so we can attempt to replicate the problem.

Also, I recommend composing large posts in Notepad, or at the least, copying them before hitting the post button, to avoid losing the content.