1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting here.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ophelia, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've tried to write this for a few days now, but I wanted to really think it out before posting. However, no amount of thinking has made this make more sense to me, so here it is -- I feel like maybe I don't belong here at ec? Because I mean everyone else is going through so much, and I've managed to kind of pretend to fit in with the people around me for so long now since I am a bi woman married to a straight man. Most people think I am straight, and that feels horrible, but then I worry, because I love my husband, so why does it matter so much to me if people know or not?
    I just don't want to encroach on other people's real struggles by blathering on about my own mostly insignificant ones. I've been struggling a lot recently with some stuff and I just don't know what I should do. I just can't shake the feeling that I shouldn't be butting my nose in here. Help.

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Ophelia, your struggles are real too. We're all friends, and when you have a problem it's still something to get help with, or just sympathy.

Plus - haven't you considered that so-called "mundane" issues might be inspiring to someone? Like, there are days I feel so crazy, it's actually kind of nice to see a LGBT with a non-crazy problem. :slight_smile:

3. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just don't know. I'm not making you feel marginalized or something?

4. shinji

shinji Guest

A "problem" can have a varying degree of "importance" depending on the perspective from which one looks at it. If you need help with something, the problems of others should not play a role in your decision to post here or not, because each person is unique and has "problems" that are unique to them.

5. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Plus, I feel like its stupid for me to still be dealing with all of this after all of this time, you know?

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 05:25 PM ----------

I don't know what's wrong with me, or why now I'm just crying. Thank you. I just think that maybe I'm not all that likeable.

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

No. :slight_smile: I mean, it's wild - i'm making friends, changing my life, big things. But that doesn't mean that *you* don't hurt, or get frustrated, or just need to talk.

My Dad was a big one for saying that no one could understand how much physical pain he felt. He did have heart problems, vascular disease, heart attacks. But he got the idea that *his* pain was worse than anyone else's that he was a martyr. I really hate that.

I'm getting better with the help of my new friends, and they are getting better with *my* help. It feels wonderful. xD Thinking about Somepony else, helping them thru their stuff, can take your mind off your stuff, and give you a new perspective on your stuff. :slight_smile: I guess - it's like this, I started getting better because I found someone special to help. I'm rambling, but I hope you'll stay, help others, and help yourself. (*hug*)

7. AsheTheHuman

Don't leave! :C Sometimes I feel that way too. Looking back on it, I think part of the reason I cut was because I wanted my problems to be 'validated'. That's just silly in my opinion. Stick around, you're a great help everywhere. :slight_smile:

8. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how helpful I can really be, but if I'm not making it more difficult for you by being here, I'll try to stay around for a while. I'm not really that good at this. I tend to push all of my irl friends away as soon as they get to know me at all.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 05:48 PM ----------

I do want to be helpful. I don't want anyone to be hurting.

9. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Ophelia, you are not making anything worse! :slight_smile: I like making friends, I *like* caring about people. I want to help, I never leave anyone behind. :slight_smile:

Come on, you are hurting. I know you are. Your hurt is real, too. I can help, we all can help. We *want* to help. (*hug*)

10. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just always worry about making things worse for other people. Well, not everyone. Tons of people are horrible and they can just **** off. but not anyone here. Everyone here is so kind and caring, and I don't want to somehow take advantage of that. Not sure if this makes sense.

11. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I understand, but I hope you'll listen - you are *not* making things worse. :slight_smile: Ophelia, I can tell that you are hurting. That isn't small. Not to me. I'd like to help you, and I'm good at helping.

12. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it wrong that when I read that I heard it in Fluttershy's voice in my head? :slight_smile: You are really helping.

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one's problems are insignificant, and just because they might seem less bad than someone else's doesn't make them irrelevant. Everyone has the right to feel down about things, and to be helped out during these times. Including you. (*hug*)

14. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

no, that is AWE-sum! (hear that in Dashie's voice)

#14 Starfleet, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  15. Blossom85

Awe hun, your problems are just as valid and importaht as everyone else's here.. We are all here to help each other, guide and support each other regardless if you have a small problem or a really big problem. You are valued here more thrn you realise. I think it's good you have opened up to us instead of just walking away like some people would, don't think your issues aren't real or aren't something you struggle with. I think you belong here hun, and I think you need to believe in yoursef more, don't doubt your feelings.. Share them with us and we can help you get through this. You deserve help and support just as much as the next person. I hope you stay cause I think you are awesome.

16. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I'm not really very good at sharing things with anyone, even though we're all basically anonymous here, it's still hard. And I really don't want to burden people with my stuff. But I'll try to talk about it. I do want to make friends here.

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

You *have* made friends here. (*hug*) Please keep talking. :slight_smile:

18. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also worry that if I share too much of myself, someone will know who I am. I know that's paranoid, so I'm working on it.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 06:31 PM ----------

And how can tiny smilies hugging make me feel so much better :slight_smile:

19. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I know, right? (*hug*) They do, tho. To keep safe, you can use 1st initals and stuff when referring to people from Meatspace. That helps being anonymous.

20. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I guess I should start by asking if anyone has any good coping mechanisms? I'd like to avoid things like food (because I'm a vegan and I was bulimic for a long time), no drugs or alcohol please-- issues with addictions, and please don't suggest medications. I have a seriously unpleasant history with the mental health profession and medications in general. I haven't cut in years due to promises I've made and it's driving me crazy. Is there anything anyone can suggest?

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 06:39 PM ----------

Oh, I've avoided all of the social media websites because there are a few people I don't want to find me and one person who I don't want to hurt by them finding me. But I will probably still change names, I only said I live somewhere on the east coast, I didn't even specify the state. Seriously paranoid about my family and old friends finding me.

#20 Ophelia, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014