1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered Posting and Replying to Wall or Profile Post Messages

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by TwoFeech, Jul 8, 2019.

1. TwoFeech

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a request to help newcomers to the site easily find out that the ten message minimum exists.

I'm new here, don't want to make a pest of myself. If this gets TL;DR: I eventually found the solution to this problem, but I think it would be beneficial to have this clearly stated somewhere for newcomers. If I am missing an obvious place to find this information, could someone point it out?

I signed up mainly to read, not to post. I followed another user on my first day, and they kindly left a greeting on my wall. I spent some time trying to figure out how to reply, wondered what I was missing, my husband helped me, and it took him half an hour to finally dig up the answer in one of the old threads.

Other threads do have questions and answers about this, with inconsistent terminology. Rather than bump one of them I decided to try starting a new one with what I hope is useful terminology.

I did not know at first that I should even be looking in the help area. I had my scripts enabled and I wondered if the site wasn't working for me. I also checked the FAQ.

The question is asked, but not answered, on the FAQ. From the website FAQ:
    "Q. Why can't I comment on walls, blogs and albums?
    A. As a Regular Member you are able to create and view walls, albums and blogs. You can use My Wall to receive comments from other members and respond to them using their wall. There is no restriction in place for Regular Members using the wall because it is public. However, Regular Members cannot comment on gallery photos or blogs. Please also be aware that all comments made on walls, blogs and albums are public and can be accessed by any members viewing that page."

My profile refers to me as a "Regular Member". Reading the FAQ only made me more confused, because it seemed to say that there should be an option for replying to wall messages, without mentioning the minimum requirement. Also, I don't know where, my husband eventually found a statement that "every user has 'My Wall'". That doesn't appear on my profile drop-down, and I'm guessing it might appear after my ten minimum posts, but in the meantime it was another dead-end.

Nothing on my profile suggests that there's a button that becomes unlocked, it just isn't there. I see that my profile lists how many messages I've posted, but there's nothing I can see that indicates there's a minimum I need to reach before I can reply to a wall post.

In any case, I hope making another thread about this problem helps someone else who's new. It would be really nice if this were explained without having to understand the problem first in order to be able to look it up in the help section. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey TwoFeech,

Is everything working properly now?

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that some details about the forum aren't as clearly explained as we would like in sections like the FAQ, especially after we have changed platforms. It may take a while to update everything we want since we have a lot in our plates right now, but we are working on it. :slight_smile:

3. TwoFeech

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Chiroptera, thanks for your (very prompt) reply! I reached my ten-post minimum and a couple hours after that I seem to have wall posting privileges, so it looks like it's working! *thumbs up*

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great! If you have further questions, let us know!