1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-TS shower

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Molko, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Molko

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, so i had top surgery 8 days ago and i’m back home recovering. I had a follow up appointment two days ago but tbh most of what I was told went over my head as it was spinning seeing my chest for the first time out of the bandages. For that time I had a lot more bandages on and bed bath wipes. Now I’m meant to shower.

The thing is now my incisions are stinging and I know i need to clean them and get a shower to keep it clean and not infected. I’ve realised I’m actually really scared to take the tape and plasters off. I cant remember if i need to keep the nipple plasters on or take them off. I remember i have to pat dry and put fresh tape back on - but I just have the tape no plasters. Also wash with my back to the spray.

When it came to getting in i just realised I’m scared to do it. It feels so silly.

#1 Molko, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. smurf

Not silly at all. Surgery is super scary and we all want to avoid complications so it makes sense.

I would suggest calling your doctors office and speaking with a nurse or someone who can guide you through it all again. You can also say "Could you please send me these instructions over email? I really don't want to miss something". Most of the time they should be able to send you something.

For future reference, I also like to record doctor sessions for later use. Sometimes we just need to double check that we heard or understood correctly. Most doctors have never had a problem with me recording a session either.

I'm glad it seems that everything is going well tho!