1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to Not Have a Sexual Orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lsl1995, Sep 1, 2014.

1. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a girl who's had two boyfriends in my entire existence, but I've never gone all the way with them. Frankly because I never felt the desire to. Kissing is kinda nice, I guess, but honestly, it's not my favorite thing in the world.

At first, I thought maybe I was a lesbian. But then I realized that even though I find both girls and guys physically attractive, I still couldn't picture myself having sex with either gender. I would rather just have a relationship where we talk and understand each other and cuddle and shit and there doesn't have to be expectations with sex. And I still think that maybe someday I'll find that one person I want to have sex with, but I'm not really sure.

Now, I've heard the term "asexual" plenty of times but I never quite understood it and I've never really labeled myself as that. Is that what this is? :bang:

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it is. But just keep in mind that there's a difference between not feeling sexual attraction vs not being ready for sex in a relationship. If you've never felt sexual attraction, it's very possible that you're asexual.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's perfectly possible. Keep in mind that some that say that there has not been enough research to confirm asexuality. But if you really have no desire of having sex, I don't see any reason why you couldn't be asexual. Keep in mind that having no interest in sex could be, because one is uncomfortable with his body or one is just very shy and doesn't want to think about it.