1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[[POLL]] Does binding make you dysphoric?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nychthemeron, Mar 13, 2015.

?

[[PUBLIC]] Does binding make you feel dysphoric?

1. No, never. It makes me less dysphoric.

28.6%
  2. Yes, always. It makes me feel more dysphoric.

7.1%
  3. Sometimes.

42.9%
  4. I have never binded before.

21.4%
  1. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Strangely, I sometimes wear nothing under my shirt or even go shirtless and it makes me feel less dysphoric than if I do wear something underneath. Sometimes it's the complete opposite. I feel like it probably has something to do with my poorly made 'binders' reminding me of my chest and would much rather just feel it unrestricted and against the shirt like it would if it were flat, you know?

How does everyone else feel about this?

EDIT: Sorry, I should've left the poll private. Not really sure what I was thinking, haha, but I hope it doesn't prevent any of you from voting.

#1 Nychthemeron, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Binding for me generally makes it better it also makes me dysphoric but a little less than not binding at all

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wearing anything up makes me feel dysphoric. It's just the sensation, you know, I always hated it. I remember when I had to start using stuff as a teen, and wishing I could go back to being just a child again : Just wearing a t shirt, shorts and sneakers.

I'm also your average neurotic/ nervous guy who hates any kind of clothing that restrains movement/ breathing.

Not wearing anything up also gives you others sensations, but I feel totally detached about the wrong parts (at least I try to), so it's usually something I can manage.
    I still have to wear stuff at work... And that ritual of wearing it makes me feel dysphoric, as if I'm doing drag on purpose, you know...

4. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I voted sometimes.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes. Sometimes I see it as something that flattens me, and sometimes I see it as this awful piece of restrictive clothing that cis males don't have to wear. Often I feel these at the same time.

6. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I been wearing flattening/binding wear since my breasts started growing, not because I felt male, but because I simply dislike the full-breasted feel and and look & it makes me feel like a cow.
    I'd say that I feel less 'like me' with big boobs (which sadly I have), and 'more like me' when I am nearly flat, that does not really have to do with other aspects of gender-presentation: I'd still want to be as flat as possible, even if I wore more feminine clothing ( which I usually don't).

7. Canarius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really big on the "texture" of things for lack of a better word. I can't sleep on crumpled sheets, shirts can't feel wrinkled on my back, etc. So while binding usually doesn't cause me to be dysphoric per se, I despise the feel of the Underworks material, especially on my sides and shoulders. If somebody brings it up, however, I instantly become a self-loathing, dysphoric mess. "Dude, what's that thing you're wearing under your shirt?" is the dreaded question.

Long story short, binding sometimes makes me dysphoric.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Binding rarely makes me more dysphoric. If I get get dysphoric, it's related to something else.