1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Political Stance Poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aberrance, May 11, 2018.

?

What political stance do you hold?

1. Hard left

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Left leaning

33 vote(s)
    50.8%
  3. Right leaning

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Hard right

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Don't know

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Don't care

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has probably been done many a time, I might go search up other threads but Im pretry curious about the political stance of LGBT people. I used to consider myself pretty neutral but veering left but after a couple of debates with my boyfriend I think I'd consider myself to be a lot more right in today's society.

Where do you feel you fit and why? (People aren't able to see what you voted so feel free to be honest)

2. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communist

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely left leaning, but not hard left. In terms of UK politics I'm further to the left than New Labour, but not as far left as Momentum.

4. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you always voted Labour, may I ask?

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a member of the Labour Party, but I have voted other than Labour before.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely left-leaning for me.

America anymore has become very polarized politically and I feel like with us people think you're either hard right or hard left. Pretty much though, I believe in funding for education and the arts, LGBT and women's rights, I'm pro-choice, helping people, gun control, peace over war, etc.

I've been finding it funny though watching political ads right now for governor, congress, and senate primaries. The one lady is like "I'M A HARDCORE CONSERVATIVE" and then going on to say that she supports creating jobs, funding education, and fighting the opiate epidemic. Like...that's not a conservative thing...that's an "I'm a decent human being thing."

7. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm left-leaning for sure. Basically I agree with what Chierro above said; I couldn't have said it much better.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote anything but Democrat

9. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm pretty much a completely middle of the road moderate and can see both sides equally, but people don't like that answer so I go with right-leaning when asked. Not so much for the beliefs themselves as the actual people in the group. No offence intended of course, but I've noticed at my age at least there's a huge difference in responsibility and maturity between the left and right groups. Nearly everyone I've met who seems very responsible and is realistic about their future ends up being on the right, while nearly all the drug fueled party all day people with no idea what to do in life yet will always insist they're going to be rich soon I later learn are on the hardcore left side.

I also notice that my conservative professors (about 5 so far) don't talk about their own beliefs until someone drags it out of them, while my liberal professors will make absolutely sure you know they're a liberal within the first week of class and will constantly mention their personal beliefs repeatedly for no real reason throughout the semester. (About 15 so far).

Maybe it's just the age, or college, or the state, I don't know but it's become a pretty noticeable trend with both students and professors.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think outside the States I would be considered left leaning. In the US I'm considered hard left. I like to think of myself as just a smidge to the right of Jesus.

11. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Smash them money lenders up

:wink:

12. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This. This basically outlines all the things that are important to me.

13. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    BTW I voted left leaning.

14. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Left leaning. I'm a split ticket voter, vote almost exclusively Democrat for higher up officials but am more open to voting for whoever sounds best locally.

15. smurf

I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense.

You vote on an election because of the public policy that your elected officials vote on. We are talking about policies that can affect thousands of people, yet you vote not based on beliefs but based on your perceived level of maturity? I mean, maybe if you had some statistics about political party connected to success (how ever you want to define that), but you are basically choosing sides on your very limited sample and choosing people who have to make some very complex decisions based on that. Baffles my mind.

#15 smurf, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  16. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm right there with you..
    Personally I have to agree with the Founding Father's (here in the US) that political parties are bad for a democratic republic, because they force many people to choose from the lesser of two evils. So if you are moderate in view more often than not you are force to vote for some things that you are against.

What makes matters worse is the the way Google and every other search engine tries to feed you exactly what you want to see so instead of seeing both sides of anything you are automatically steered away from the center, and with the way you are tracked (even if you don't have an account or aren't logged in) it's no wonder there are so many people with extreme views in either direction. (and if you don't believe this log out of all your accounts look to buy a product you normally wouldn't buy a time or two and watch how miraculously all the sudden you see it magically start to appear in all the web sites you visit.. It's down right creepy!).

#16 MzMrAlexa, May 11, 2018
  17. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I put left leaning as opposed to hard left. Most of my beliefs all fall under the left, I believe in things like education funding (particularly arts/fine arts, especially since language is considered part of fine arts in lot's of universities and I feel like learning more than one language can be much more important than people may think), I believe in choice when it comes to abortion (not that it matters too much to a gay guy anyway), rights and equality among everyone, things like that but there are things about the left that I'm not necessarily a fan of. Chances are though, I'll end up voting left in elections.
    I agree with this to an extent. Political parties aren't necessarily bad per se but having only two main parties like the US can cause a ton of issues because lot's of people constantly feel that they must make sacrifices to vote for one party or another which can lead to distaste towards the government after having to do that every election (and then those that do vote for another party besides dem/rep can a lot of times feel like their voices aren't being heard because of how non-existant party representation for those parties is in the US).

#17 kibou97, May 11, 2018
  18. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aberrance & everyone else.....I just wish I could always vote for the person that I think is best rather than the party. I like some things that each party believes in and I don't like some things that each party believes in! What is sad is that, in order to even have a chance to be elected you either have to become a part of the party organization/system/machine or be incredibly rich...you know who I'm talking about! An honest, hard-working person who cares about their county/people etc. has no chance at all.
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

19. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly that last part seems to be true in many cases, as sad as it is. Also, it seems like it's hard to know who to trust in politics, like when politicians run their ads on tv. Even if someone seems like a decent person, I do a double take because I know all of them are trying to cast themselves in a positive light (and many of them also mud sling their opponents), all of them want to win, and it's not usually clear whether they're doing it for the reasons they claim to, or for their own reasons that might not match up with their supposed platform.

20. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Err...I guess left-leaning. I haven’t been old enough to vote until this year (turning 18 in September!) but I’d consider myself pretty neutral. Like I’m a mix of left and right but I tend to agree with the left more.