1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HM03, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't imagine turning the exp share off purposely...

2. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, that is what I meant: it's more of a challenge than X and Y. I agree with it being forgettable.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not? It makes the game have a proper challenge and feels more like the days of red and blue/gold and silver. I don't know anyone over the age of 10 who keeps it on unless they're just bad at the game. Not a judgment if you do, It's just uncommon with my circle of friends.

4. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see it really useful post game for raising up Pokemon. Since there's hundreds of Pokemon, it just cuts down on the time. Sure, I guess it could make raising them 'easier', but I see it as just less time confusing.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I can understand it post game. I just wouldn't do it in the middle of the game. Makes it way too easy. Even with exp share off, X and Y was too easy so I can't imagine leaving it on...

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It just seems dumb not to utilize something in-game only to make it more challenging for myself. It's either there or not. Idk. Maybe my logic is that of a 10 year old.

Either way, I just have to follow the flag on my map to walk through the game... should I hide that too?

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They had exp share in the original games too, but they were still optional. You don't need to use a item just because It's given to you. For example, I don't usually use rare candies either since I can just train my pokemon.

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2016 at 11:50 AM ----------

BTW, I'm not criticizing you or judging you if like to use the exp share. That's fine. I'm only trying to combat the complaints of the game being too easy.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I recall correctly the exp share used to be a held item given to a single Pokémon and it also split the experience. This one seems to be neither (although I'm not sure of the later... it's very vague about how much experience they are getting etc).

And I understand. In my opinion, though, if the item exists and it is easily obtained and makes the game easier, it's a legitimate complaint. You shouldn't be expected to make something harder for yourself to fix the issue. But, I kinda like it actually. My team stays more balanced than in past Pokémon games. Either way, I mostly like Pokémon for battling friends, so completing the story part is more a means to an end. :slight_smile: but I am quite enjoying the graphics and such.

9. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so close to complete the Pokedex! I'm just missing ten normal Pokemon, Kartana, Solgaleo and those impossible to get "evolution via trade" ones.

(Maybe I should spend more time trying to find them instead of the Battle Royale though)

10. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Easy fix! If you can get your hands on a rare Pokemon like Goomy, Castform or Gible, completing the Pokedex is a breeze if you just breed them and put them on the GTS. What I do is I put a Goomy on the GTS. I wait about a day, and if I don't get results, I ask for a Lucario instead. Then I just put that Lucario on the GTS for what I wanted originally. It usually works! However, I haven't found out if it works on the mascot legendaries and Ultra Beasts. But interesting to note, I got a couple of spare Cosmog and an extra Type:Null using this method.

11. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, that's a good idea! It may work on the normal legendaries, and if it works with Cosmog, then I may be able to get a Lunala to trade. Thanks!

12. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No prob! Good luck completing the 'dex!

13. sanss

tbh the exp share has become very convenient in later gens, mainly because ive gotten too lazy to grind each pokemon individually. i rather like it how it is, but if thats not youre cup o joe, then hey thats alright.

ive been working on completing the dex, as well as breeding competitive pokes currently! cant wait until pokebank becomes available, so i can transfer literally everything over to sun/moon.