1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HM03, Feb 26, 2016.

1. juvenile

juvenile Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope they bring back character customization, gives the players unique characters instead of looking identical to everyone

2. Plattyrex

I do too, but I don't think they're gonna:frowning2:.

3. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We all know there is going to be a mega kircketune and a mega Carnivine lol ..

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]Kn25hijDL7c[/YOUTUBE]
    GUYS!!!!

Ok, here are my insights:

> Hawaii inspired region is <3 <3 <3 The sudden change from super techy regions to now a bit primitive region! I find this fact really really exciting!
    > I am not impressed with the starters. They can pass as a Pokemon but not as a region starter. I dont like Rowlet. I just hope that it's evolution would be something good. Litten has good design and is probably the most acceptable starter out of the three. And Popplio, it looks like a joke. UGH
    > The legendaries are pretty awesome! And considering the legendaries, Im going with Pokemon Moon.

With this trailer, overall, I like it! I hope this will be a good game.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *Yes! I'm excited for the Hawaii inspired region! I hated those big cities like Castelia that where so easy to get lost in. But unless there is a ton of bridges like in B/W, Im assuming there is going to be a lot of water routes...blah.
    * I actually think Rowlet looks the best. Grass/flying isn't overly used and it looks cute. Just guessing the final evolution typing - grass/flying, fire/dark, and maybe another pure water? But I agree, Popplio is the ugliest aha. Reminds me of an degraded version of Oshawatt.
    * I think the Sun legendary looks the best.

Wishlist

* I think it's time we finally get a Dark type gym. Pleaseee. I understand that dark is associated with evil (and is literally the evil type in Japan), and that a gym leader represents the city or whatever, but there needs to be a dark gym. Perhaps the bad guys could have there own city.
    like The Under in Colosseum
    *It doesn't look like there will be, but no more fire/fighting starters
    *No more rock gyms. And I hope they get creative with the elite four again. It was unused typings in the fourth and sixth gen games :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#85 HM03, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Me and my brother watched this trailer riiiiiiight before you posted it... huh.

Yeah, Hawaii seems alright, i guess. A little small maybe. But other than that, the concept seems pretty cool.

But, UUUuuughhghhggghh, i neeeeeedd character customization though, it made the playable character really feel like... your own, like, it was unique and stuff. (-‿◦)
    Does anyone know if that's been confirmed? I didn't think it had been but i could be wrong. They seemed to have different skin and hair colour options so maybe that indicates we are getting customization, but i dunno.

When i first saw the three new starters i kinda thought: 'ooooohhhh.... nooooo..... That's not....( ゚o゚)( ゚o゚)( ゚o゚)( ゚o゚) oooooohhhh....', but i think i could get used to them. I didn't really like the Unova or Kalos starters either to begin with but... I grew to love them.
    Litten's probably gonna be the option for me. It looks so unamused and dead inside, i love it. (─‿─) I always seem to end up with the fire type...
    But i don't think the others are too bad. But, somehow... They don't quite look like... Pokemon...
    They look like they'd be from another game... Some kinda knock-off (ofcourseinacompletelynoninsultingwayimeanyouknow) Pokemon game or something... But, again, that's how the previous starters felt so... I dunno, that'll likely change. (¬‿¬)

As for the Lengendaries? Moon, for sure. Sun looks cool, kinda Entei-like, and i always have liked Entei, but i just love bats, man.... Like, look at that thing! Moon Bat. Awesome.... So, yeah, Moon's my guy.

And, yeah, i hope so too, bud.
    (*^∀゚)ъ

7. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Moon bat go!

Litten and Moon for me, unless the fully evolved pokemon change my mind.

Looks like there will likely be more than just that one island that was shown in the trailer.
    There seems to be player customisation (and skin pigment confirmed by Japanese trailer): people (& Serebii) have noted that the colour of the stripes on the shirt change from blue to black and part of the shorts from red to grey.

#87 Connorcode, May 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so excited!

Right now, I'm thinking of picking the owl starter as well as the sun version. The region looks so beautiful :grin:

#88 RainbowGreen, May 10, 2016
  9. Plattyrex

This game looks o amazing! I'm picking the fire starter. I love cats!

10. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YES! I love all of them. I want to pick Popplio and Moon. I love how the Moon legendary looks like, and I love how Popplio looks like and behaves, specially in the image when he caught Rowlet in a bubble.

And for the first time, a fake "leak" looks like the real thing.
    [​IMG]

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, seeing as the japanese names got leaked, they pretty much knew which animal would represent which starter. By that, they then could draw something pretty close :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yet again, another grass type starter is left out. We have a Popplio avatar (Gallium) and a Litten (Connorcode) :lol:

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll pick the cute Litten and give it a brutal nickname! :grin: I think the only way I'll change my mind is if the 2nd stage evolution turns out to be an eyesore. I give at least slightly edgy nicknames to all my Pokemon lol. For example, my Haxorus was called Dismember

And I'll probably play Pokemon Sun because that lion looks cool

14. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's way more creative than my nicknames. I always call them by the first three letters in their name, all caps (Bulbasaur is BUL, Chesnaught is CHE and if I end up picking Popplio, it will be called POP).

15. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Heh heh, I can certainly support your choice of starter and legendary, good sir~ (-‿◦)
    Yeah, I hope the evolutions do turn out good, but even if the evolutions end up... 'not quite what people were expecting' (¬‿¬)... We'll probably learn to love whichever one we choose anyway.
    Like I first thought Emboar was kinda... something... but, after training one in black and white, i actually have a good connection with it now! Same for Delphox who i chose in X and Y.
    So, I'll probably try not to let evolutions change my mind, but i doubt they'll be any sort of 'bad' anyway. (^ω^)

And, yeah, i saw that Serebii is basically saying their confirmed, i'm still not for getting my hopes up only for them to be dashed though... heh heh...
    Hopefully it's true though...
    Wait, the colours change? I'm gonna have to watch the trailer again and look for that... i never noticed the first time.
    Might just do that now actually...
    Oooooohhhhh yeaaahh... they do change colour!
    Cool. Hopefully that means something good.
    (─‿─)
    Still gonna try not to get my hopes up too high though.......

16. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god. I hate them. All of them! That has never happened to me before, usually there is at least one I'm fond of, but these are all so ugly. Most disappointing starters ever in my opinion. I seriously hope their last evolution somehow redeems their awful-looking starting stage.

I'm going with coconut owl for being the most unconventional mix.

#96 RawringSnake, May 10, 2016
  17. Plattyrex

Really? I pretty much instantly fell in love with all of them. That sucks though, I know how you feel. I felt the same with the 5th gen starters. Hopefully you'll like their later stages.

18. PrettyinPunk

Saw the trailer earlier, it's been my highlight of the day. I'm super excited, I'm really digging the island region, and I like all the starters. My friends have already called dibs on fire cat and grass owl, so I guess I'm left with derp seal. Can't wait to see what's revealed next!

19. gameboys

popplio protection team 2k16 tbh.....!!!!!!
    also i think the sun version's legendary's name is solgaleo!! and its super badass (´∀`) although popplio is cute (it can blow balloons from its nose!! cute lil clown seal pup :0), im totally getting litten..!!
    i wouldnt expect much from this gen's starter evolutions, though..!!! :// hmmm
    also pictures of the protagonist (girl+boy) with a selectable race option have been leaked so!!! im very sure that customization is coming back in this game, fortunately!!! ☆

20. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    If this is real, Popolo just keeps getting uglier and derpier. I'm ok with the direction the other two are taking.