1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Po & Finn not a gay couple :(

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mlansing, May 4, 2021.

1. mlansing

May the 4th be with you! I just saw the latest Star Wars movie that came out in 2019 and I was disappointed that Po and Finn didn’t end up having some kind of romance. It was definitely hinted at earlier on in previous movies. It feels like when a straight guy flirts with you but then when you ask if he’s into guys he says no and sorry if he gave you that impression :disappointed_relieved:

#1 mlansing, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. MaraJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I thought that too! I was so disapointed that they didn't make it a thing :frowning2:

3. mlansing

Glad I'm not the only one. It was also hinted at in the earlier films that Finn was into Rae, so I can understand if the feelings had been one-sided on Po's part, but they didn't even give us that or even leave it ambiguous :disappointed: perhaps I'm also disappointed because I had a crush on Po :joy:

4. mlansing

Also the director said something about how their connection is “deeper” than that but I didn’t really appreciate that. For two men in a heteronormative world it doesn’t get much deeper than a romantic connection, at least in my opinion.