1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please tell me how to cope

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Butterfly6, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sweconqui

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Laney I try to remember that but its still hard I cry at the smallest things..and in sensitive to begin with but it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind at times. I know in my hard I'm a good person and I try to always be kind to others but I have been used and railroaded so many times.

LaneyM likes this.
  2. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed what we go through as we become in touch with our true sexuality is not easy. We did not arbitrarily choose this path. Being on this path doesn’t make us evil. You and all of us are good people struggling with the fact that our sexuality isn’t what we thought. We didn’t choose this path, however it’s one we must follow in order to be our authentic self. Don’t beat yourself up, you are and always have been a good person worthy of praise trying in a complicated world to find the true North of your life for you. Please don’t underrate or denigrate yourself.

LaneyM and Sweconqui like this.
  3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey. In a sense, I've been where you are. Where the need to be with a man was so compelling I felt like I would need to change my life to accommodate that. For some, based on the responses above, that is what they needed to do.

I, too, became distracted and disinterested in women similar to what you are feeling. My wife gave me the chance to experience what I felt I was missing and now I'm just not as driven as I was. Don't get me wrong....I have a BF now and we have a very passionate and very satisfying thing going on. TBH, the sex I had last night with him was the best sex I have ever experienced. But, I wouldn't trade it for what I have with my wife and the depths of those feelings and that intimacy.

It's funny how I hear how others are now disgusted by opposite sex intimacy once they experienced same sex intimacy and I am the opposite. That embracing my same sex desires has increased my lust for opposite sex intimacy too. I am now capable of being more vulnerable and open.

I don't know if this is possible for you to experience too? I wish there was some test for bisexual. But, I'm afraid there isn't.

I'm not intending to confuse what you are feeling now. Only to add that maybe you are not a totally different person or undergoing some sort of personality change. Maybe what you feel and have felt for your husband is real and you have not been fooling yourself. You just need to experience more of yourself?

This doesn't make it easier to come to a solution on how to move forward for you. But, for me at least, it has been important to understand that my life was not a lie.

regkmc likes this.
  4. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know, fees are pretty high where I live and it seems like there are no LGBT female psychologists (my insurance only covers these therapists). But I do feel like my old therapist really lead me the wrong way and now I'm in a huge jam.

She just didn't understand that how I was feeling was natural for someone coming to understand their sexuality. Instead she saw it as obsessive thoughts/feelings.

I'm not sure if I was really suppressed. My feelings just tend to change all the time, I truly didn't know these feelings were like this for women and like that for men.

This is an awakening for me.