1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Piers Morgan YT Video 'Straight Pride Flag'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kate Gr, May 15, 2024.

1. Kate Gr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you think about the below video on YouTube? Obviously everyone comments on these videos on YT and there are a lot of trolls but I do not warm to James. He seems to be doing more damage to the community. Also what do people think about Blaire? I like Blaire.

“I Want A Straight Month!” Piers Morgan Waves His STRAIGHT PRIDE Flag!

2. chicadeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh for f***'s sake.

Piers Morgan is a professional controversialist who will say anything to get clicks on his pathetic Youtube channel after his last show on TV (On TalkTV) ended. Don't encourage him. He's a troll and should not be fed.

Beth x

#2 chicadeoro, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  3. Ran

Ran
    Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    As someone who knows nothing about it this feels bad. Same way as black lives matter and white lives matter. It has that same feeling about it. They don't care about the original meaning and they want to just stir people against one another and create conflicts. I agree with Beth, that such trolls shouldn't be fed and given any attention to.

4. Kate Gr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oops... maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Piers! :anguished:

5. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't stand Piers Morgan. He's definitely someone who just likes being intentionally controversial.

In principle I don't have a problem with people showing pride in their sexuality, whether it is gay or straight or anything else. But personally I don't feel any. But pride has always struck me as being a bad choice of words, because isn't it simply acceptance that those who don't fit comfortably into society's pre-defined gender roles are looking for? I'm not proud to be bisexual any more than I am proud of being a woman or proud of bring British or being white. They are all just the hand I was dealt. I am proud of my achievements.

6. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found the video, your link didn't work:

Yet to form an opinion on Blaire White, she seems quite interesting. I only watched the first 12 minutes.

#6 JT1999, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  7. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i watched to the ~20 mark.

i think the discussion (debate?) is about social evolution. To me there seems to be a factor in human nature that resists change, evolution. i've wondered if that resistance is related to a base sense/emotion of security, that change is perceived as insecurity? It also seems to me that ethnocentricity is a grouping of egocentricity with commonalities... strength in numbers, again: "security." i do think that sense of security emotion seems to covet, is an illusion. That life and change are reality, static is a form of death? It takes energy to live, to constantly look and listen and see what or who is vs labeling, grouping and responding to an idea or conclusion about a person instead of the actual present person before us.

Both ego and ethno 'centricity' strike me as a sign of immaturity. i define maturity, in part, as the ability and effort to recognize, acknowledge, even affirm someone outside my self, or put opposite, immaturity is self centeredness:

By my measure, "I Want..." without regard to others, is ego/ethno centric, is immature. Huge pieces of society are built on ethnocentric culture that has become 'the norm,' and even the term "normal" has general acceptance as a positive standard of what 'should be.' The opposite of normal is is "abnormal" (or even more inflammatory terms like "deviant" or "insane.").

i think society is best served by balance, but i think the evolutionary process often involves pendulum swings that go way outside the balanced center, gradually losing momentum and (hopefully?) coming to rest somewhere in the middle, taking both sides into account? Of course, it's never that simple, because there's far more that two sides usually.

To me, gay "pride" is a pendulum swing, the opposite being gay shame. i don't relate to either, but i understand the 'proud' response in the face of shaming. i don't see either as a productive constant state of being though.

8. Kate Gr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahh thank you JT r.e link. That's exactly it, it is just acceptance. I personally don't feel the need to project anything about myself onto the world. If a person walked up to me and told me their whole life story for e.g, their sexuality and horrible experiences in their past within the first few minutes of meeting that would raise red flags to me. Of course over the last decades, fighting for rights was justifiable and required. People were very brave to fight for acceptance and we should honour/respect them but I sometimes feel it has gone the other direction now. I get why people don't like Piers Morgan :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. He certainly was built to be an investigative journalist, he just won't let anything go and does talk over everyone which is irritating. I don't hate him though and he was never vindicated in the Meghan Markel business.

9. Kate Gr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't know what to think after this video popped up for whatever reason in my algorithm but these are great points. I wondered what folk on here made of it. "I want.." I just think you should never expect or demand understanding from a stranger but you should also never be discriminated against. In a malicious fashion. It is a fine line. 'I think society is best served by balance' is brilliant.

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What have straight people had to fight for to need a pride month ?