1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phone hacked question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DirectionNorth, Jul 26, 2017.

1. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone know the definitive (or as close to difinitive as possible)signs your cell phone is hacked? My phone was hacked before and the phone store rebooted everything to clear possible malware apps, but my phone is showing signs again!

Are there reasons besides money people would be so intent on hacking besides scamming? I got a popup for bibles before, so it feels a bit more personal than some random scamming thing. I'm very careful about spam emails/texts, don't open them, don't have an angry ex or possessive lover, etc. And like I said, the phone store wiped out everything before that could have had malware.

I know with credit cards, there were ways someone vould scan that info or something just from being in the same vicinity as you, could the same thing happen with phones?

2. Souleater

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,

What signs is your phone showing? Popups for something could mean adware which is harmless in itself but annoying. If somebody stole your credit card info they would not get it through your phone but through your bank your through the services you gave it to. Hacking a phone is highly unlikely anyways because its just not worth it. But if you really want to make sure the phone is not hacked: Connect it to a computer and let an antivirus softscan scan the storage of the device. I'd recommend malwarebytes for a free solutions and kaspersky for a paid one.

Hope that helped you in some way, shape or form.

~Souleater

3. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your response! With the credit card, I meant that as an example, like could someone get into your phone in the same way they could get your credit card info just by being within a certain distance.

My phone makes these weird, small berps at random times, the battery usage skyrockets quickly (I have a pretty good idea of how long and how much usage it takes for it to lower), and the battery/phone gets burning hot when I'm not even doing much on it that would overwork it. I mean, it actually hurt my fingers a little to hold, it got so hot, as if I was doing alot on it. Another time, the words for when it says how much battery is charging (battery is 35% charged, etc), it had a weird message for a second.

The ad could have been random adware, but I had just turned my phone on, hadn't even gone to the page I need to in order to get on the internet, and this ad for free bibles popped up.

But I'm going to bring it to this place that fixes intetnet/phone problems, and I'll check out those sites you gave.

Thank you though, and I apologize for any misspellings.

4. Souleater

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    no problem^^
    Battery getting hot and acting weird may very well be a sign that its dying. Can you take the battery out? If you can see if its bloated. If it is you just need a new battery. Some adware can install themselves locally so these messages pop up even when you are not using a browser. They can also be part of apps you downloaded.

But I never heard of such a thing that people can steal your credit card info just by being around you? How would that even work, a credit card is just a chip that doesnt send any data. There would be no way to access it. Or am i misunderstanding you.