1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Phil Robertson: Marry Girls When They're 15 or 16.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Dec 29, 2013.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Full story here: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/12/29/phil-robertson-marriage-advice/

Well... this happened. I swear A&E needs to fire him over this. Insulting gay people, black people, Shintos, and NOW SUPPORTING PAEDOPHILIA?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad some one brought this put because I've been saying this since i heard the homophobic and racist rants . He is a pedo bear , and how is he any better than the lgbt people he wants to condemn:tantrum: and say our life style is wrong because we love one another . I'm a lesbian you don't see me chasing little girls just saying
    Plus when their 15 and 16 their not very bright at that age so you can control them i bet that's what he's really saying

#2 stocking, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Doesn't surprise me. Nothing will be done about it though because money > principles.

4. photoguy93

He is perpetually stuck in the decades past. At this point, I just don't get it. The thing is.....I think that we need to just let this go. There is no changing him - at all. No matter what, he is going to think the way he does. The more we talk about it, the more press he gets.

I watch a lot of tv. It's scary to say that he's not even the worst thing on tv...not even close. Isn't that sad?

5. Aldrick

That's exactly what he's saying. Get them young so you have power over them. Wait until they're older, and more mature then things might be more equal. Can't have that.

So... let's see... advocate for statutory rape, anti-woman, anti-gay, racist, stupid comments about Japanese people...

Really, how far does one man have to go until the money is no longer worth the association?

Every single person who has come out in support of this man should be asked point blank: "Do you support Phil Robertson's comments that a man should focus on marrying women only when they are 15 years old, or at least before age twenty?"

Come on Bobby Jindal. Answer the question.

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2013 at 01:58 AM ----------

I just wanted to quote something else from the article, which they were in turn quoting from another article themselves. It's rather important.

Link is here for the original article.

It's good to know that his comments have at least had an impact. So, I think it's a good idea that his offensive statements keep getting more publicity, especially as new ones come to light. It might kill the show (and hurt A&E) through a thousand tiny cuts. This shit is going to keep leaking out as people keep digging.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hope this happens :grin:

7. photoguy93

How do we know that it didn't drop in ratings because all the bigots turned away, because they were mad at the network? That was my first thought. I've never seen that level of support on Facebook before. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of it....

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    reminds me of that chickflalay thing or how ever you spell it
    seems like a warrior to tell the lgbt community that they will not accept us

9. Aldrick

No doubt, they've contributed. However, why would they return to A&E since their beef is with the company and not the man? The fact that they've allowed him back doesn't erase the fact that they know they'd be supporting a network who (at least on the surface) doesn't agree with their bigoted views.

It's like a segregated restaurant with progressive leanings. They're segregated because white people wouldn't eat there if black people were treated equally. However, momentarily the restaurant decides to try and embrace equality and serve whites and blacks equally. They then face a ton of pressure, and become segregated again. Why would racist whites who left return to the restaurant even though they reversed their decision? It's about social pressure and punishing whites who don't conform to racist norms.

It's the same deal here. Why would they return to the network? It's about social pressure and punishing straights who don't conform to anti-gay bigotry norms. If A&E gets hurt as a result, it sends the message to other networks to allow bigotry to be spoken openly without consequence.

Hell, I'm quite sure a two pronged attack could be waged against A&E. Get the religious bigots to boycott A&E for caving into "the homosexual lobby" (or however they want to define us), and make it clear that they won't watch any of their programming including Duck Dynasty until it moves to a new network. (This is a way for groups like Focus on the Family and NOM to try and maintain some type of relevance in the wake of their constant political defeats.) Then on the other end of things have non-bigots boycotting the network and the show for keeping him on the air.

Depending on the comments that keep coming out, most other networks wouldn't touch the family with a ten foot pole as it would be damaging to their brand.

#9 Aldrick, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some tea party person said I was only using a part of his speech and that I was picking and choosing. The rest of his speech isn't much better (Sexism, false idols, and such)

11. Daydream Harp

Is this guy just some kind of over the top villain from a movie who somehow popped into real life through a bizzare mad experiment in making fiction real or something? I mean that would almost seem likely at this point <_<

12. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really, is anyone all that surprised?

Robertson is a 68-year-old hillbilly from the South, after all.

13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really, I'm just surprised that people still take him seriously and support him after this. The religious right is very relentless.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm tempted to go Tweet this video to Jindal; Palin et al and see what happens

15. Hexagon

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You got to marry these girls when they’re about fifteen or sixteen and they’ll pick your ducks.”- Phil Robertson

So now I see where I went wrong. Since I didn't marry a 15 year old girl, I'm left alone to pick my own ducks. If only I'd listened! All this time spent, plucking ducks, when life could have so much easier.

17. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    What can you expect from a walking, talking piece of trash?

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :grin::roflmao: fell out my chair on this one oh my sides

19. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that people say gay marriage will lead to stuff like pedophilia when in fact homophobia is leading to pedophilia? :grin:

20. Daydream Harp

Indeed :lol: